PDA

View Full Version : Air taxi/regional airlines lack of advertising

rex
24th Jun 2002, 22:26
Hi

Well I am just wondering why there is not more made of small airfields and small air operators?

I was sitting in our tea room chatting with a colleague of mine from North of the Border, and we were both bemoaning the fact that air travel is not used enough.

I am sure that one day I will take him up to Perth, I will get some good experience and he will help chip in for the fuel. I could probably do the journey in 3 hours from Rochester in a single piston. So why are there not more twin ops guys out there advertising for this kind of work?
The company I work for (biotechnology) sometimes sends people to Europe to buy kit etc. Recently one of our directors is moving company to Paris and has expenses to fly back and forth to home (perhaps every week maybe?). Where are you guys? I am sure lots of companies require effective air travel. I had also looked up LyddAir who are advertising trips to Le Touquet from £39 per person in a Trislander. Great.

To be honest I don't like the idea of queing in an airport for ages, that takes time to get to in the first place. We should do more for our regional/city/town airfields.

Thats my rant, now I will probably get some more constructive comments, hopefully.

REX:)