PDA

View Full Version : CAAP Medical

Piper2897m
4th Mar 2016, 01:19
Hi,

Going to Philippines in the next couple of weeks to try and validate my CPL license,

When going to Manila for the Medical will they want to see my medical records from the UK?

Black Crow
5th Mar 2016, 01:00
Hi,

Going to Philippines in the next couple of weeks to try and validate my CPL license,

When going to Manila for the Medical will they want to see my medical records from the UK?

No, you will do your medical at CAAP.

You do realize that it's a rather long process to validate your license with CAAP don't you?

You are going to need a CAAP medical, Air Law exam, English Level Proficiency test, Philippine Radio license, and then you will have to fly an RP registered airplane and take a CAAP check ride (or sim check).

Are you trying to get a job in the Philippines?

Piper2897m
5th Mar 2016, 17:36
Yes I know,

The process from what I have been told is 2-3 months.

Yes, I would like to become FI in Phils

I realize the whole process is a pain in the ass, aviation is a tough business

Black Crow
6th Mar 2016, 00:24
Yes, I would like to become FI in Phils

Why?

Are you aware of the incredible low standards in the Philippines? Are you aware a CAAP license is not acceptable in most of the world, and having this on a resume is a job killer?

And are you aware of the horrible low pay?

And finally, you will be treated as a second class citizen while there.

Honestly, there are MUCH better places to go.

Piper2897m
6th Mar 2016, 01:30
Yes, I have been to the Phils 6 times, know the place well

I dont care about the low pay because ill have other money coming in from other sources. Last time I checked CFIs in the U.S. dont make a fortune either. Its for time building.

I understand that a CAAP license is only good in Phils,

My main concern is that Westerns have NO rights in Philippines, and I could spend a bunch of money and nothing at the end of it either. We have NO rights there.

Sometimes I wish I just bought a yacht and sailed the world, probably alot easier then getting into the Aviation industry.

Anyway, about the CAR exam, how many questions is that? I mean I have studied about 2 chapters online, out of maybe I think 15 chapters? Each PDF download is incredibly long.

Black Crow
6th Mar 2016, 13:48
Yes, I have been to the Phils 6 times, know the place well

Not to rain on your parade, but you don't know it well enough.

I dont care about the low pay because ill have other money coming in from other sources. Last time I checked CFIs in the U.S. dont make a fortune either. Its for time building.

You do realize a log book full of "RP" flight time as well as teaching on a CAAP license will be a job killer on your resume?

My main concern is that Westerns have NO rights in Philippines, and I could spend a bunch of money and nothing at the end of it either. We have NO rights there.

Yep. If you truly want to build quality time that will forward your career, there are first world countries you could go to where the process is easier (and not corrupt) and you are not risking your life in poor maintained aircraft with sub standard students.

Anyway, about the CAR exam, how many questions is that? I mean I have studied about 2 chapters online, out of maybe I think 15 chapters? Each PDF download is incredibly long.

Depends on how many sections they decide you must take. There are no clear answers just like every other part of the process.

Piper2897m
6th Mar 2016, 21:34
You are not raining on my parade, Conversion or not ill still be a regular visitor of the Phils. Its a Wonderful country, for a VISIT, I agree living there is a different matter. The novelty of Beautiful women and Palm trees im sure would wear off after a year

Now, The flight school im in communication with has about 6 foreign FIs

So let me ask you, do you think they live in the Phils and thats as far up the ladder they want to go, or just transient Pilots building hours?

dondino
7th Mar 2016, 14:16
good luck buddy!!!

as per now caap (bunch of idiots with no preparation at all) are making problems in issuing licences to any expat....as per the head of the lic dept. they font want foreigners working in his country!!

best of luck!:ok::ok:

Ilyushin76
17th Mar 2016, 08:19
Phillipino women - beautiful? That's a new one -_-