PDA

View Full Version : Individual Learning Accounts

monkeyboy
24th Jun 2002, 20:38
The last time this was mentioned [according to the Search fac] was July 2001.

For those not aware, I'm referring to the poxy £150 that the government would give you to go towards flying training for CPL issue.

I think it replaced the NVQ or VTR or some such. The actual description isn't important but I'd like to hear from fellow ATPL students on zero income who have pursued every avenue to claim as much money from Tony as possible.

Does anybody know if there's been any advance on the scheme or was it another one of Tony's adverts to get him back to Number 10 which was then promptly hidden under the carpet and fogotten about?

I still can't believe we're not entitled to any benefits as such. It really makes me angry:mad: :mad:

VFE
24th Jun 2002, 20:59
Another good reason for having a student pilots association.

distaff_beancounter
24th Jun 2002, 21:11
monkeyboy

Sorry, but the Individual Learning Accounts (ILAs) have gone the same way as Vocational Training Relief (VTR) .

ILAs were abolished some time last year. According to the Government this was due to the widespread fraudulent claims. These were by training providers, who apparently "invented" students & then made claims in their names.

But, you have nor missed much. ILAs specifically stated that they could not be used for flight training.

SO, its back to lobbying MPs to get some sort of tax and/or VAT relief for flight training :(

biped
24th Jun 2002, 22:57
Or you could just repeatedly smash your head against a wall.
It might be less painfull.