PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on 2fly pro-pilot

Dave321
2nd Mar 2016, 23:28
Hi,
I have been accepted into an integrated commercial pilots course with the company 2fly Pro-Pilot. I can't seem to find reviews online of this company, so naturally I worry about the legitimacy of the company. Does anyone know anything about this company and if they are any good?

appleACE
9th Mar 2016, 22:21
Not heard of them, but I'd recommend holding out for an airline tagged MPL scheme rather than doing an integrated course on your own. Getting into an airline once you graduate with so few hours is really really tough despite what the school who you're about to pay a load of money to says. Get another job for a couple of years while applying to airline MPL schemes, that way you have a confirmed flying job at the end (assuming you succeed of course).

Global_Global
10th Mar 2016, 07:56
Agree with AppleAce. Cannot see any official links with airlines.... Feels almost like a broker... :\ Dont hand over any money till you are 200% sure...

Question: "you have been accepted" (which is flightschool speak for you have money) means they have seen you and you met them I guess? If so what did they tell you and more important have you seen their facilities etc?

kilomike_19
10th Mar 2016, 18:16
As I saw in their website, 2Fly Pro is the oldest "Aerodynamics Malaga"... a school not very appreciated in many aviation forums. Check the latest post about this Spanish school :

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/575715-aerodynamics-malaga-review-november-2015-a.html

Flying_feen
18th Mar 2016, 13:03
I'm the author of the review shared by kilomike19.

Like I said, I met a few guys who were on the 2Fly integrated course and they were having a difficult time. They told me the parts they did in the US were great, but once they got to Malaga it was a totally different story. The school is so unsupportive of their students' needs and its really clear they just want your money, they have no interest in the individual.

After I left, having done only 2.9 hours with them in 2 weeks, it took them 3 weeks to respond to my emails about getting my money back/going back for hour building. My advice would be to save yourself the trouble. This school is bad news.

FLIGHT2458
23rd Mar 2016, 15:30
Im here now doing CPL/ IR. Like all flight schools it has its issues but in general id say the planes are very nice, the staff are friendly and all speak good English. Also Malaga is an amazing place to live and train.

Id recommend a visit so you can see for yourself.

This message has been written by a member of v1aerogroup. I suggest you search on that name and the schools it operates. Tells you a lot.

Jcollier92
27th Sep 2016, 11:50
Has anyone had any recent dealings with 2Fly?

I went to the seminar in Manchester last week. The guy hosting it said that they are currently working on setting up contracts into work with approximately 5/6 airlines to recruit directly from the school.

I was really interested in going for the assessment but now concerned as I have been reading around and found out that there are a lot of graduates struggling to find jobs.

Can anyone share their experiences?

AppleSauceChildhood
31st Oct 2016, 17:42
Little late to the party, but whatever you do, stay away. Do not even go there. There are at least some UK based flight schools (that actually do their training in the UK) for a similar price point. They care, and want to help you

There's numerous posts on here, and I know some people currently there and it's just the same issue again and again.

I'm currently trying to get a large amount of money back from them, and they've been mostly ignoring my emails from the last year or so.

They don't have any sort of formal complaints policy, and usually just turn it back around on the students. Then they hide behind their strange company structure; sold by a guy in the UK, but actually fulfilled by a company in the US... Who is apparently unrelated, yet the owner is a director of the numerous companies in the UK.

Various names I've seen/been in contact with the company under:

Pan Am Academy (Do note, that the Pan Am guys parted ways with this whole group after disagreements, but I do have original offer letters partially branded with their stuff)
SCA/Space Coast Aviation - FBO in Merritt Island, FL (where the school exists)
ACA/Airline Career Academy
ACA/Airborne Career Academy
ACA/Aviation Career Associates
V1/2Fly Aero Group (Ltd) - 2 Fly Aero Group Limited - Company Information - Endole (http://www.endole.co.uk/company/09667322/2-fly-aero-group-limited)
2Fly Group
V1/2Fly Airborne (Systems) - Name for the 2 flying schools in Florida (sometimes without V1/2Fly)
V1/2Fly Aerodynamics - School in Malaga (sometimes without V1/2Fly)
ACA Pilot Academy Limited - Dissolved Aca Pilot Academy Limited (Dissolved) - Company Information - Endole (http://www.endole.co.uk/company/08184420/aca-pilot-academy-limited)
Orlando Flight Training

Normandale84
16th Nov 2017, 10:28
I am also looking at this flight school...have recently cancelled my assessment due to the fact that I read these reviews. So it is a definite no go then? Any information would be much appreciated!

B2N2
16th Nov 2017, 19:19
Well, here is my take on it.
There are many places that call themselves "schools" or "training providers" but despite a fancy office and a shiney brochure the only thing they really are is a facilitator or broker.

They have an agreement with a school in or outside of EASA land to provide a certain number of students a year.
They have an agreement with an ATPL theory provider to send a certain number of students a year.

That's a broker/facilitator.
Unless the building carries their name and the airplanes carry their logo you cannot be sure who to turn to in case of troubles.

What these places are famous for is lying by omission.
Look at their promo videos.
If they go out of their way to avoid showing company names and or logos on aircraft and buildings.
They may very well send one class to one flightschool, run into trouble and send another class to another school.
There is a perfectly good way to be open about this.
We are a flight training provider and we have put the following package together for you : A-B-C
So what’s your advantage?
Power in numbers.
If the students they provide are mishandled they have a much bigger stick behind the door then if you were there as a student on your own.
They may also pass part of the volume discount they negotiated on to you.
So all the steps in the program have been taken care of, you have a company which looks out for you and you’d pay the same or a little less compared to having to do it by your self.
Makes sense?
Find somebody who does business that way.

Pilotser
18th May 2019, 06:56
Hi guys, I'm interested in the schools you mentioned before- ONE AIR, BARCELONA FLIGHT SCHOOL- AND 2FLY. Someone of you has any feedback from last year experience? Thanks.

GREATFEMPILOT
21st May 2019, 07:59
Just search for return of P2F programs on pprune. You'll find a link to a list in that thread. Many useful information. But P2F is killing us. Just saying

Pilotser
21st May 2019, 08:11
i agree with you GREATFEMPILOT. It is the worst thing probably from ever to pay for have a job and if you think about it is also decrease the quality of the training and the guy wich go forward well be the one with more money. But unfortunately, this is the policy that every day more company adopt.

GREATFEMPILOT
22nd May 2019, 04:56
i agree with you GREATFEMPILOT. It is the worst thing probably from ever to pay for have a job and if you think about it is also decrease the quality of the training and the guy wich go forward well be the one with more money. But unfortunately, this is the policy that every day more company adopt.
I thought the title is p2fly... sorry. Now I realized it's not

Michael1901
2nd Apr 2020, 14:55
Hi guys was looking for opinions on 2fly pro pilot school I’ve been accepted into the school but don’t want to pay anything with some opinions on the school