PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Airways New Routes

BryanC123
24th Jun 2002, 19:52
Word on the street was that Eastern Airways were suppose to be starting new routes from MAN to Newcastle/Inverness/Dundee some to this week but for what ever reason the whole thing has been put on hold. October has been the new mentioned date but personally am unsure.

Anyone shed any light?

:confused:

niknak
25th Jun 2002, 12:14
Both MAN - Newcastle, and MAN - Inverness routes are certainly on the cards in the Autumn schedules.
Dundee was mentioned some time ago, but I think that this has gone by the wayside due to a lack of (financial) support from the airport authority at Dundee.

Allegedly Eastern are also looking at a Norwich - Bristol route, which will be mainly patronised by Norwich Union - who recently managed to persuade them to reduce fares on the Norwich - Edinburgh route, as a consequence of which, Norwich Union staff no longer travel with Go from Stansted.
They are also looking at a NWI - HUY route, which they formerly operated when they operated NWI - HUY - GLA, but was chopped when Continental at GLAgot awkward with regard to interlineing etc.

Whether this would link up with another route or not I don't know, the only logical one would be HUY - NWI - BRS, but as Norwich Union have expressed a desire for a minimum number of seats on that route, (more than 50%), I don't know if it would be practical. :)