PDA

View Full Version : New look forum

Uplinker
2nd Mar 2016, 10:07
How do we see the latest posts on each sub forum, and how do we jump to the end of each thread?

foxmoth
2nd Mar 2016, 10:14
Certainly on my ipad it gave the option to use the full site, this takes you back to what we are used to - had a moment of panic when I first saw it!

Uplinker
2nd Mar 2016, 10:26
Ah. Yes, I've just discovered that option too.

Thank goodness - I don't like the new format '

BEagle
2nd Mar 2016, 19:27
Neither do I - excessive advertising contamination with 'long running scripts' is causing pages to freeze with IE11.

I have a 70Mb download speed - does PPRuNe now need something faster to work properly?

As for those 'are you sure you want to leave this webpage' pop-ups.....:mad:

Genghis the Engineer
2nd Mar 2016, 20:47
In Firefox, it seems to be working slightly better than the old version, but looks about the same. I'm happy.

G

enola-gay
2nd Mar 2016, 21:25
I don't see any difference.

What or where is the New Look Forum?

Carbon Bootprint
2nd Mar 2016, 22:39
It may just be a mobile device thing. The classic page comes up normally on my laptop but whenever I open Pprune on my iPad it goes to the "new" look. Even when I choose the option to view the full site, it returns to the new look when I leave a forum and go to the main page.

ExSp33db1rd
2nd Mar 2016, 23:03
Why is the "reply" function missing, all I get now is "quote" and the whole post is re-quoted.

KISS - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Trash 'n' Navs
3rd Mar 2016, 06:15
I think it's great. Works much better on my smartphone than the old format.

I just scroll passed the ads.

Bernoulli
3rd Mar 2016, 17:47
They are now embedding adverts in individual posts. A real masterclass in pissing people off. :mad:

ShyTorque
3rd Mar 2016, 18:53
Why is the "reply" function missing, all I get now is "quote" and the whole post is re-quoted.

That's how it used to be, some years ago. I'm glad it's back.

MightyGem
5th Mar 2016, 18:59

There's a Post Reply button at the bottom left of the topic/thread.

Saab Dastard
6th Mar 2016, 12:08
And the top left.

SD

MightyGem
7th Mar 2016, 18:56
Possibly related to the "New Look", when visiting the site on my computer, instead of showing unread posts that have occurred since my last visit, I'm getting unread posts from the last 3 or 4 days.

Anyone else getting the same?

Saab Dastard
7th Mar 2016, 19:39
Possibly related to the "New Look", when visiting the site on my computer, instead of showing unread posts that have occurred since my last visit, I'm getting unread posts from the last 3 or 4 days.

Anyone else getting the same?

Yes.

http://www.pprune.org/pprune-problems-queries/575623-go-first-unread-post.html

MightyGem
8th Mar 2016, 09:36
Thanks. 8 9 10. :rolleyes:

Rwy in Sight
10th Mar 2016, 06:10
Unless it has something to do with a very new Firefox version, I can't find the "quote" button. Any ideas?

treadigraph
10th Mar 2016, 07:46
The quote buttons were there yesterday, Rwy, but they have now disappeared! I'm using IE11...

PPRuNe Towers
10th Mar 2016, 11:58
Switched off as addictive eye candy - all the regular methods to quote work just as before tredders.

Anyone afflicted with a rogue ad with sound kidnapping the bottom of the screen?

Rob

treadigraph
11th Mar 2016, 07:39
Glad to see the back of it Rob, I kept clicking it by mistake as a habit from when there used to be a reply button in that vicinity! (I think...!)

This new "quick reply" function is great - though I mustn't use it when I get back from the pub tonight, particularly on threads to do with Shoreham...

Not seen the rogue ad, got one from Sage down there at the moment which I assume is supposed to be there.

Cheers

Treadders

Shack37
11th Mar 2016, 10:48
I have just used the quick reply option and it allows the old highlight, copy and quote method. I´m using IE11 also

The quote buttons were there yesterday, Rwy, but they have now disappeared! I'm using IE11