PDA

View Full Version : EE Routers

gemma10
2nd Mar 2016, 06:45
Am on fibre to the green box in the street and then copper overhead to the house. Few weeks back the router kept denying the internet so EE said box was faulty and sent me new identical box. All`s well for next two weeks and now having to turn off router for a minute several times a day to reset.Is there an inherent fault with these routers, or something I can do before I complain once again.:confused:

boguing
2nd Mar 2016, 08:52
I have their Brightbox 2, which has been fine for nearly a year. Don't know if that will help or depress you?

gemma10
2nd Mar 2016, 10:13
Depressed! This is a Brightbox 2 as well. Time to complain unless any more answers

Don Coyote
2nd Mar 2016, 16:53
I have a BrightBox 2 and had no issues with that for the past year either. You mention copper overhead to the house, any issues with trees touching the cable etc?

Loose rivets
2nd Mar 2016, 17:49
Is there a residual voltage on the copper? i.e. the standard BT lines show c 50v DC. My pal's line went very noisy and caused him much grief. I measured the voltage - in fact, left a DVM on the line - and we saw voltages as low as 10.

I have no knowledge of the signal conversion from optical to copper. One would think it required a black box, or part thereof, for every house.

gemma10
3rd Mar 2016, 13:34
LR. 49.2volts stable accross pins 2 and 5. Thought that was only there when the phone rang. No trees impeding the copper wires, so I guess it has something to do with the green box in the street. Have had to reset the router twice today allready. Snipped off wires 1 2 4 and 6 and earthed them, see if that helps.