PDA

View Full Version : Chrome 'short cuts'

Shaggy Sheep Driver
1st Mar 2016, 14:48
I use Chrome, and on the Google home page it puts up icons of 8 home pages of sites I have visited. I can click on these to go directly to that site. The sites displayed change from time to time. Anyone know what criteria Chrome (or is it Google?) uses to choose which sites to display?

Logically you'd think it'd be the 'most visited'. But it's not. Some sites seem to stay there for ever, others cycle round. Some sites I visit regularly (Met Office Weather, for instance) never appear. Some obscure sites I only visit once sometimes feature on there and stay quite a while.

Anyone know what's driving it?

Fareastdriver
1st Mar 2016, 15:47
Try the wizzkids on Computer/Internet Issues & Troubleshooting.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
1st Mar 2016, 16:30
Wilco. I'll leave it here as well just in case.

vulcanised
1st Mar 2016, 16:31
I use the SRWare Iron version of Chrome, and it irritates me by refusing to start up full screen but insists of starting my gmail page semi-minimised despite my setting it full screen. :ugh:

Tocsin
2nd Mar 2016, 15:57
If you go to the top right of the 'short cut' icon, an 'X' will appear, which removes that short cut from the page. I've not worked out the selection process though!

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Mar 2016, 20:03
Thanks Tocsin,I'd found that. The algorithm for selecting the site(s) that get displayed must follow some logic but I can't fathom it!