PDA

View Full Version : zero hours to instructor, how much?

kula
2nd Mar 2001, 13:37
As the subject says, how much to go from zero hours (or thereabouts) to qualified instructor rating enabling you to get an instructors job at a flying club, and whilst your at it how long would it take full/part time?

A rough estimate will suffice, assuming a PPL can be gained for about £4000 either in US or UK, and any hour building done in US or UK.

Any guesses please...?

RVR800
2nd Mar 2001, 13:58
Very Very Very roughly

4000+ FI
4000+ PPL
2000+ Exams
4000+ CPL IMC
4000+ Hours

At least 20K ...

Wee Weasley Welshman
3rd Mar 2001, 18:52
Yeah at the moment you cannot really do it for less than £20,000 unfortunately. IN the good old pre JAA days you could do it for £12,000 - but you don't want to hear that do you!

I recommend you got to a school where you can do the whole lot. It'll save you hassle and you might get a discount. You'll find that the CPL flying course is largely covered by the PPL course and you'll be nicely ahead of the game if you already know the area, the airfield and the aircraft...

There are lots of smaller schools around that might suit you. Where abouts in the countyr are you?

kula
5th Mar 2001, 13:10
I am currently in the Exeter area. I have had some hours at Exeter Flying club but would not be against travelling to a school further away or even building hours in the US if either option worked out cheaper. Would the states work out cheaper??