PDA

View Full Version : Copying e-mail folders ?

ExSp33db1rd
23rd Feb 2016, 23:47
"Outlook" e-mail programme.

I have an archived Folder which I have imaginatively called "Keep", into which I transfer e-mails that I think I might need to refer to in the next decade, and I have a note from a previous poster - from the last time I tackled this e-mail saving issue - who advised that they then transferred the whole folder to a USB Memory Stick.

But how does one do that ? Right clicking on the folder name brings up a list of options, of which "copy" is but one, but this only copies to another folder within Outlook, there is no "Send to" option to allow me to select a USB port.

What am I missing ?

Thanks,

ExS.

BEagle
24th Feb 2016, 06:54
1. Use the 'restore down' button (top right square / overlapping square icon between the X and _ icons) to reduce the size of the Outlook pane.

2. Drag one edge so that you can see the desktop as well.

3. Create a new 'keep' folder on the desktop.

4. Open it (it will be empty), use the restore down icon and arrange the Outlook and 'Keep' folder panes to be side-by-side.

5. Click on whichever e-mails you want to copy and just drag them across to the keep folder.

6. When you've finished, use the 'maximise' button (same button as the 'restore down' button) to return Outlook to normal size.

7. Insert USB stick.

8. Click on 'keep folder' on the desktop and copy it to the USB stick.

9. Delete the 'keep folder' from desktop as required.

There are probably easier ways, but this is more intuitive.

ExSp33db1rd
25th Feb 2016, 00:37
BEagle

!! I think you told me this awhile ago ! I'd printed it off to keep and use at a later date, but somehow missed the bit about moving to the desktop, many thanks.