PDA

View Full Version : MCC/JOC

Live your dream
23rd Feb 2016, 18:35
Good evening guys,

After finishing the CPL/ME/IR, I am starting to look for a school in order to get the MCC and the JOC, which despite of not being mandatory I think it is starting to be a new airline requirement.

After one exhausting day of sending mails, reading forums, most of them old ones or left without any clear answer, I decided to ask you for some recommendations.

So far the ones which have got my attention are cockpit4u and CRM aviation and it would be great if someone could give me more real info about them.

I have to say that I am not particularly interested on a full flight simulator, I am definitely much more interested in a good, well organized instruction which leads you to a good position regarding future assessments, not need to say to get you being a better prepared pilot.

Kind regards!!

parkfell
24th Feb 2016, 07:25
Successfully completing a MCC course for the issue of a multi crew ac type has been a requirement since 1999, when JAR was adopted. So for a modular student there is, inter alia, 20 hours simulator split equally between PF & PM.

What has become the norm, is additional training (JOC) usually undertaken with the MCC course. Each airline will have their own ideas as to how much additional training is appropriate.

Providers offer up to eleven total details, although up to nine is more usual for modular. It may be embedded into the MCC course.

If you have aspirations to fly a jet, choose a suitable simulator to broaden your experience.
What you want is QUALITY, and not necessarily the cheapest going to get the tick in the box.
Invariably a sim check is part of the final interview process. PREPARE WELL.

You pay your money, and takes your choice.

Live your dream
8th Mar 2016, 10:56
Thanks for the answer.
I'm still thinking about what I should do. I could go to Simtech, good instruction, not bad price, and I could also go to FTE Jerez, much more expensive but with a better service afterwards, I think.