PDA

View Full Version : TSA - Jax - via Atlanta

Scoobster
21st Feb 2016, 12:04
I have been to the U.S a few times before and have always got stopped and hassled by TSA via different ports.

On the last occassion I applied for 'redress' and was issued with a special redress number - which I have now put on the flight booking for the time building I am going to be doing in FL.

Considering I am going to take my 'flight bag' with me containing my headset, flight board, plans etc (I would rather have my own) and that I am not on a 'training course' and I don't need to go through the full security vetting - I can see this may already spell trouble and am keen to not get hassled as much.

Having darker skin doesn't help and I sympathize with the horrific events and attrocities that took place in the U.S.

Not sure where I am likely to be screened but I suspect at my first port - ATL.

Not sure how what else I can do apart from state I am taking a vacation and will be hiring a plane and have all my documents intact and luggage and open for inspection?

Scoobster

obgraham
21st Feb 2016, 15:11
On behalf of America, Scooby, I'd like to apologize for the TSA.

Their behavior is appalling, they are rude, arrogant, and fat, and there is no proof they have prevented anything of significance.

They hassle us here, too. The only alternative is to zip your lip, move on through, and say or do nothing to irritate them.

sb_sfo
21st Feb 2016, 16:27
I'll second the apology. Couple weeks ago, I'm working an international flight turn, and the fourth time I walk by a bunch of those nitwits screwing around with their ETD scanner, they pull me aside for a hand swab. Machine lights up, and I have to wait for a supervisor to arrive at the gate to pat me down. By now, all I have on me is the fuel slip for the PIC, and the flight is boarding.
F'in muppets. One of the existential questions I'd love to have answered is-where did they find all these people? There's a village somewhere missing all their idiots.

Tinstaafl
22nd Feb 2016, 04:49
The hidden unemployed.

Scoobster
23rd Feb 2016, 07:41
Thanks for the responses.

It has been really emotional sometimes going through the rigmarole as after a long flight you just want to get to the hotel - but to have to wait for 3 hours before being allowed on your way - is highly unacceptable.

Then to answer what I deem to be just stupid questions like "Have you ever received any form of military training?", Have you ever fired a Gun, blah blah.. just frustrates me.

I hope the redress will go someway to a smoother process this time but I won't hold my breath.

Scoobster.

wanabee777
23rd Feb 2016, 08:13
This was one guy's solution...

Naked Man Arrested for Walking into Nashville Airport and Lining up for a Ticket | Airline ee (http://www.airline.ee/airports/naked-man-arrested-for-walking-into-nashville-airport-and-lining-up-for-a-ticket/)

http://www.airline.ee/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/naked-man-nashville-airport.jpg

spaflyer
23rd Feb 2016, 08:36
I've been in the US around 20 times, with entry ports: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orlando, Washington, Charlotte, NYC, Guam, and Dublin (europe), and never had any issues while flying to US to do time building, even if carried my flight bag with me, and although not black I'm dark skin and perhaps close looking to Mexican (I'm Spanish), and never had any single issue more than regular questions, that how long you will be here, do you have a job back home, and why US, and what are you going to visit while here..

Scoobster
23rd Feb 2016, 11:34
I understand that... But there is probably a difference in the sense that my religion and ethnic origin (other than being born in England)... automatically see's me to the "Lets divert this guy to the body pat line".

Will grin and bear it I'm sure or be pleasantly surprised.

Scoobster