PDA

View Full Version : Dgca class 2 medical filenumber initiation time

Baali
19th Feb 2016, 18:25
It's been more than a month since I submitted my DGCA Class 2 medical documents and I've not got any update regarding it.

I want to know how soon people here received their DGCA class 2 medical.

Go Indigo
27th May 2017, 11:49
Hi Baali. Did you get your class 2 medical file number?

Ps45
13th Jun 2017, 23:19
Same here. I got my medicals done in March and the speed post number indicates that my report was received at DGCA HQ (Lodhi Road) in March ending.

I haven't received computer number yet. Experienced pilots and CPL holders, what would I do?

rubikscube1348
14th Jun 2017, 22:09
Hi
I had applied in March as well. Did the tests through a doctor approved by DGCA and mailed to them. She also told me it would take about 2 months. So come May, I contacted DGCA medical cell but they said it'll take longer. So I ended up emailing [email protected] and attached my CA35 form. I also mentioned my date of birth and told them that I haven't received anything from them yet.
The very next day got my PMR number.
So try this method and see what happens. For some reason they are taking a lot of time.

Go Indigo
3rd Jul 2017, 16:15
Hi
I had applied in March as well. Did the tests through a doctor approved by DGCA and mailed to them. She also told me it would take about 2 months. So come May, I contacted DGCA medical cell but they said it'll take longer. So I ended up emailing [email protected] and attached my CA35 form. I also mentioned my date of birth and told them that I haven't received anything from them yet.
So try this method and see what happens. For some reason they are taking a lot of time.

Thank you so much! I mailed my reports to DGCA on 1 Jun 2017. I think I should wait for 1 more month before sending an e-mail or visiting the office.

ry9nrd
7th Oct 2017, 08:59
Hey! I have my PMR number. Can i go for class with just the PMR number?

Go Indigo
23rd Oct 2017, 13:01
Hey! I have my PMR number. Can i go for class with just the PMR number?

No you cannot. Wait for the Class 2 Medical Assessment to arrive by post. Only then can you apply for your Class 1 Medical.

ry9nrd
29th Oct 2017, 05:25
Hi

Hey rubikscube1348, the assessment is the most important document to be honest. You can proceed for class 1 only after you have the assessment in your hand. The PMR file number isn't of much use initially.

I did the same - sent [email protected] a mail along with my personal details and they shared the PMR file number with me but i can't do anything with it until i get my class 2 assessment.

skratche
9th Nov 2017, 23:57
So I had done my class 2 in July and haven't received anything yet. I have just emailed this person as well. Let's see what happens.

Anyway, have you guys received the assessment after getting a file number through this email?

rubikscube1348
10th Nov 2017, 06:28
Hey rubikscube1348, the assessment is the most important document to be honest. You can proceed for class 1 only after you have the assessment in your hand. The PMR file number isn't of much use initially.

I did the same - sent [email protected] a mail along with my personal details and they shared the PMR file number with me but i can't do anything with it until i get my class 2 assessment.

I see, I received my assessment last month. So overall 7 months.
Wow, these guys need to expedite the process.

Go Indigo
11th Nov 2017, 01:14
I received my Class 2 assessment after 4 months. I personally went to the DGCA office once, but my assessment was not ready and the doctors were on leave, so there was nothing I could do except getting my file number.
I kept calling them but all of my efforts were to no avail. Even if someone answers your call, you won't get any useful information. They'll tell you to call the next day and the same thing repeats again.
So I just waited patiently and one day the assessment arrives by post bringing a big, bright smile on my face.

ry9nrd
11th Nov 2017, 09:15
I received my Class 2 assessment after 4 months. I personally went to the DGCA office once, but my assessment was not ready and the doctors were on leave, so there was nothing I could do except getting my file number.
I kept calling them but all of my efforts were to no avail. Even if someone answers your call, you won't get any useful information. They'll tell you to call the next day and the same thing repeats again.
So I just waited patiently and one day the assessment arrives by post bringing a big, bright smile on my face.

I recieved it after sending a mail to the grievance officer. People have told me if you need it urgently, you should visit the office personally on Wednesdays and Thursdays anytime after 2PM. You'll get it that day itself :)

Hatim2712
8th Feb 2018, 13:20
Hey guys,

I'm facing a similar dilemma. I've posted my class 2 medical report on 13th of October 2017, which the DGCA medical cell has received on the 16th of October. Today, after waiting for almost 4 months I went to the DGCA office in person and enquired about my assessment. After searching for the file for an hour they finally found it. They told me, it would take atleast 10 days for the assessment to get typed, another 5 days to get it signed and another 15 days to send it via post. All in all atleast a month. :ugh: :ugh:

Can any anybody please suggest what I can do in this situation? I need the assessment and a class 1 medical exam appointment ASAP, as I wish to start my pilot training at the earliest.

NovemberKilo
26th Feb 2018, 15:09
Hello Everyone,

I have mailed my class 2 medical report to DGCA in December 2017. Its been nearly 2 months and I still haven't received a PMR number or the assessment yet. I need the assessment as soon as possible to apply for my class 1 medical.

Can anyone suggest me what to do ?

skratche
4th Mar 2018, 23:33
Just wanted to say that I've finally received my Class II after 7 months. So anyone waiting for the medical assessment should just be patient....it will come in the mail someday.

Hello Everyone,

I have mailed my class 2 medical report to DGCA in December 2017. Its been nearly 2 months and I still haven't received a PMR number or the assessment yet. I need the assessment as soon as possible to apply for my class 1 medical.

Can anyone suggest me what to do ?

I was in a similar situation. I sent a grievance email to [email protected] providing my name, DOB and CA-35 form. The person will reply back with your file number and let you know that application has been processed. Obviously a file number by itself is useless for Class I as you still need the physical copy of the Class II Medical assessment.
You can keep following back on the same email asking to them to send your medical assessment asap. Eventually it'll arrive in the mail.

Or if your in a hurry, go to Delhi and visit the grievance officer there. If you're lucky they'll print it out and give it you on the spot.

Hatim2712
8th Mar 2018, 11:26
Hey @NovemberKilo

I just got my medical assessment a couple of days back
Hey guys,

I'm facing a similar dilemma. I've posted my class 2 medical report on 13th of October 2017, which the DGCA medical cell has received on the 16th of October. Today, after waiting for almost 4 months I went to the DGCA office in person and enquired about my assessment. After searching for the file for an hour they finally found it. They told me, it would take atleast 10 days for the assessment to get typed, another 5 days to get it signed and another 15 days to send it via post. All in all atleast a month.

Can any anybody please suggest what I can do in this situation? I need the assessment and a class 1 medical exam appointment ASAP, as I wish to start my pilot training at the earliest.
11th Nov 2017 15:45

The best suggestion I can offer to anybody who is facing such an issue that their medical assessment has been sent by DGCA after 3-4 months of waiting is "GO TO THE DGCA OFFICE !!!!" either in person or ask someone residing in Delhi to go there with an authority letter and an attested photo ID copy on your behalf. You'll get it within a month's time or if you're lucky probably even on the same day

gursimar991
23rd Apr 2018, 06:20
I have a weird situation with me. I Gave my class 2 medical around 4 months back and got the pmr number by mail after I wrote them last week. But today I got a letter from dgca saying that I need to submit a cockpit assessment from QFI and only after that I will get my class 2 medical.
What to do in this case guys? I still have one year of B.tech left , so does it means I will have to wait till I get admitted in a flying school?

As far as I know , one does not need cockpit assessment for class 2 right?

Alpha_Aviator
6th Sep 2019, 15:30
I have done my medical assessment on 22nd May 2019. but haven't received my file number yet. I have sent emails to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] but haven't received any replies from them. so, can anyone send me the address of dgca medical cell so that I can reach out them in office.