PDA

View Full Version : Hurdles to get to A&P

inkogneetoe
17th Feb 2016, 20:47
Howdy,

So as the title says I'm looking for help to get over the hurdles to get the A&P. I'm in the EU and hold an EASA B1.The biggest hurdle being getting a letter from a US carrier or my employer stating the reason I need it.

My current employer does not maintain N-reg aircraft and getting a US carrier to write me a letter....well....no point even discussing that.

Sooooo my thoughts are that if, as a contractor I set up a company to cover the tax side of things ,would that also allow my company aka me to write a letter for me stating that I need the A&P to lets say, Increase my scope of work.

Yeah I may be mad but hey.....the only stupid question is an unasked one

matkat
18th Feb 2016, 10:35
The UK CAA does this at a charge.

BluFin
18th Feb 2016, 12:12
The CAA only supply a support letter, see

Apply for an FAA A&P Support Letter for a Ground Engineer | UK Civil Aviation Authority (http://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-industry/Aircraft/Airworthiness/Engineer-licences/Part-66/Apply-for-an-FAA-A-P-Support-Letter-for-a-Ground-Engineer/)

inkogneetoe
18th Feb 2016, 12:54
Yeah you are required to get a letter from your aviation authority to prove your experience from their standpoint.

I have made some ground on the other letter required. The "state why I require the licence" one.

I will advise when I've more details