PDA

View Full Version : Is the current CC a repeat of the 49ers scenario in days gone by?

meatbomb01
16th Feb 2016, 05:56
From somebody on the outside of the current situation at CX; I'm intrigued to know if the current pilots are, regardless of seniority, at all worried about a repeat of the fabled 49ers scenario? From my fairly limited knowledge of the exact details of the 2001 'work to rule' campaign which, correct me if i'm wrong, seems very similar to the current situation?

Captain Dart
16th Feb 2016, 06:23
No. CX pilots are doing their jobs; no more, no less. We are contract employees, not charity workers. There is no 'go slow'. If 'management' want to fire another 50 of us with all the shiny new jets arriving, well, that's their prerogative.

The 49ers followed a 'Maximum Safety Campaign' where the operation was slowed down as a result of increasing stress on crews due to rostering and other issues.

I personally have been in CC since the late nineties, as have been many of my colleagues, since the attacks on our conditions started in earnest. 'CC' being announced merely formalises that mindset.

Arfur Dent
16th Feb 2016, 06:32
I don't think even Cathay Pacific so-called 'Management' would be so arrogant as to repeat the debacle of the 49ers. Mind you...............:mad:

Gordomac
16th Feb 2016, 13:57
Careful, Arfur. You are coming across bitter & twisted. Time to move on eh ?