PDA

View Full Version : Most economic/ Fastest way to obtain a 0-fATPL (Modular)?

EKJay380
15th Feb 2016, 13:34
Hi guys,

I was wondering what was the most economic and fastest way in obtaining my fATPL?

I chose to do the Modular route since i'll have my monthly salary from my job that will pay for each and every step of my qualification ( PPL, IR, MEIR, CPL, ATPL etc.)

Would anyone know any good schools for PPL in USA, as i heard that they had some flight schools that do intensive 3-5 weeks PPL training in FL, AZ, CA etc.

If anyone has recently done the same route as me, would you mind sharing your outline with me? as i would really appreciate it.
So far what i have on my list for PPL are South Africa, USA, UK. I also took in consideration that the weather plays a big aspect in the UK. And it might delay my training. So for now i might sick with USA and South Africa for PPL.

PPL (1.First landing Aviation, FL ORLANDO, 3 Weeks accelerated)
2. ATA Pembroke Pines, FL North Perry Airport.
3. Florida Aviation Career Training Inc. FL, Saint Augustine

*USA is giving me a PPL license within 3-5 weeks intensive training.

OR

0-fATPL
UK : - Almat aviation
- Aeros Coventry
- Stapleford Flight school

USA : - All ATP, FL
- ALL ATP, TX (there's at least 15 all ATP flight schools in USA)

Can anyone shed some light on this please. I have been looking for the past 2 months which school to enrol myself with.

Thanks in advance guys!

turbopropulsion
22nd Feb 2016, 02:19
I think your post lacks answers due to the vagueness of your questions. This is all highly subjective and is totally dependent on your current status quo.

rudestuff
22nd Feb 2016, 07:20
If I've learned anything about flight training, it's that nothing ever goes to plan. So why not just get yourself a PPL first? Worry about the rest later. South Africa is just about the cheapest in the world to fly at the moment.

parkfell
22nd Feb 2016, 08:46
The first priority is to obtain a class one medical. If you intend to be issued with an EASA CPL/IR, obtain the appropriate medical without delay.

PPL, then the exams, followed by the CPL/IR training.

turbopropulsion
23rd Feb 2016, 05:54
rudestuff If I've learned anything about flight training, it's that nothing ever goes to plan. So why not just get yourself a PPL first? Worry about the rest later. South Africa is just about the cheapest in the world to fly at the moment.

Again, I'd say this is somewhat subjective. Instruction fees will certainly be cheaper but aircraft rental also plays a significant role and that's always going to be cheapest in the US. Also, if the instructor is inept at teaching, (23 year olds) you could always end up paying more in the long term. Lots to consider!

spaflyer
23rd Feb 2016, 08:48
As most people mentioned here, nothing in aviation works as planed, at least not at this level, there's millions of things out of your hands, included, meteorology, examiners availability, maintenance of airplanes, delays with TSA processing your fingerprints, etc.. etc..

Any school that promises PPL in 3 weeks, is a school that is promising something they can't really comply with, because this also depends on how much do you study, and how good you are flying, some people need just 40 hours and other need 140, and this is something purely based on your skills.

The learning experience is lovely, so don't rush on it, enjoy as much as you can, doing it at proper timing will make you a better pilot, as you will have more time to assimilate what you learn.

If the problem is budget, then you shouldn't even considering to do it, as costs are really variable, if you mess it in a checkride (and this happen often) a re take might cost you another extra 500-1000$ so you need to have an allowance of at least 3000 or 4000 $ for non-planed things and things you might need (knee pad, strainers, torch light, charts, books, etc..)

About schools, I did my PPL in California with National Air (Don't go there!), also did some time building with Learn To Fly San Diego (lovely school!!!!) in San Diego, and IFR/CPL/ME in Florida Flyers in KSGJ (St Agustine) and I'm really happy with them!!! so I highly recommend them if you are planing FL, but as mention don't rush mate, is the worse thing you can do in aviation, if you stress your self and commit to dates due budget.