PDA

View Full Version : Mac and fighttraning

adamlouis
15th Feb 2016, 09:36
Hello!

I would be look at purchasing a MacBook in about one month and hopefully start my ATPLs this spring.

Would the MacBook Pro be sufficient regarding the CBTs used especially by Oxford?

Are some programs used Windows only?

Thanks in advance !

tfin25
15th Feb 2016, 10:05
I wouldn't waste my money on a mac just for doing the CBT stuff, I would imagine a normal middle of the road laptop would be more than sufficient. I'm sure oxford will have some form of minimum recommended specifications for their CBT software.

Don't get too bogged down with all these Instagram "trainee airline pilots" who are#livingthedream at places like CTC and Oxford, who seem to exclusively use macbooks for their training.

You don't absolutely need one, its personal preference.

j4mi3
15th Feb 2016, 11:39
I bought a macbook pro because I needed to use pad pilot and seeing as I didn't own a laptop I thought it was a much more versatile investment than an iPad. Your situation is different though

adamlouis
16th Feb 2016, 00:43
Sorry for any misleading questions ,but I don't think i made myself clear enough.

The question is that I will be buying a MacBook Pro for personal reasons which has little or nothing to do with flight training ,but will the MacBook work with usual flight training from oxfords CBTs etc.?

It would certainly be a drawback if these programs do not work with them.

(The last psychology + math cd rom I bought from Oxford I recall was Windows only

Again, sorry for any misunderstandings

jetjockey696
16th Feb 2016, 05:08
Apple has its own software which partition part of hard drive to windows. bootcamp. there are other software... parallels etc. google is god...

you can switch from apple ios to windows.. easy..