PDA

View Full Version : EK 6th dail LHR

helen-damnation
14th Feb 2016, 18:13
http://http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-adds-sixth-daily-flight-to-heathrow-oman-air-breaks-slot-record-1.1672134 (http://gulfnews.com/business/aviation/emirates-adds-sixth-daily-flight-to-heathrow-oman-air-breaks-slot-record-1.1672134)

Dubai: Emirates is adding a sixth daily flight to London Heathrow starting March 27 in “direct response to continued strong demand,” the airline said on Sunday.

But Emirates is not the only one in the Gulf adding flights to one of Europe’s busiest hubs. British newspaper The Sunday Times reported on Sunday that Oman Air has bought a pair of landing and take-off slots at London Heathrow for a record $75 million (Dh275 million) from Air France-KLM.

Oman Air previously had a spat with Air France over landing rights at its hub Paris’ Charles de Gaulle airport while also seeking closer ties with KLM. Oman Air didn’t respond to a request to comment on The Sunday Times report, which stated that the airline beat the previous Heathrow slot purchase record of $60 million.

Meanwhile, the new Emirates flight to Heathrow will initially be operated by a Boeing 777-300 ER (extended range) departing Dubai at 11.30am and arriving in London at 4.10pm, an airlines spokesperson told Gulf News by email, confirming reports in The Sunday Times. The service will be upgraded to an Airbus A380 on June 1.

The British paper said that Emirates bought the slots off Air France at a “lower price” than what Oman Air paid.

BYMONEK
14th Feb 2016, 19:52
Strange that it's operating with the B777 for only 2 months. Why not go straight onto the Super? Testing the water first perhaps.......

Had also heard that a 4th LGW could be a go as well as looking at another UK airport. That's one hell of a daily service to the UK, especially if you take into account Eire too. That's 20 a day by my reckoning. Would be even more impressive if we had the pilots to do it!

BigGeordie
15th Feb 2016, 05:28
Probably on the 777 first as they don't have enough 380s to do it. Or, from my 95+ hour rosters, the pilots to fly them.

BigGeordie
15th Feb 2016, 09:27
About the only thing you will need sunglasses for in the UK.

Eau de Boeing
15th Feb 2016, 13:02
Presumably because none of the passengers want to fly on it mutt?!

bigdaviet
15th Feb 2016, 15:17
Whats the other UK airport?

Stansted?

Sheikh Your Bootie
15th Feb 2016, 18:09
Luton Habibi, huge local Pakistani population. Trust me :ok::ok:

SyB :zzz:

White Knight
15th Feb 2016, 19:14
Luton? I certainly wouldn't call that dump part of the UK any more...

crewmeal
16th Feb 2016, 05:54
Luton Habibi, huge local Pakistani population. Trust me

So why don't PIA operate there then? No forget that they screwed up LBA.

jethrotull
17th Feb 2016, 18:05
So what part of Luton won't you call U.K. The part where EZY, TOM and MON are HQ.

The band i use for my namesake were formed in Luton. Infact i am ex-EK from the 90s. EK, the Global stock market, OIL have followed the same trajectory for the last 15yrs. Its time for some reality check now onwards, better drop in your CV to 1 of these 3 airlines based in LTN.

By the way i am currently in TLV on a project. It is heartening to see the hijab hillibillies and the Yiddish yoddlers respecting each other politely in good ole blighties LTN airport, every time i pass thru.

And if the mozzies are such a sore sight why are you in that mozzie bling capital. I just couldn't stand that pseudo playground for the failed boys relieving the RAJ in dubai .

Come over to LTN you can enjoy some great Jazz n blues at The Bear Club | Mill Yard Jazz & Blues (http://www.the-bear.club/ku1ezpj7m1raqhk9800p72b3iwx94m) on weekends with some authentic Brazilian tapas and an assortment of global drinks, most bands are from the London Ronnie Scotts/Pizza exp circuit.

Trinity 09L
17th Feb 2016, 20:26
EK bought a slot pair from AF/KL as well for their 6th daily LHR-DXB, but "only" cost 60 million :ouch:

AlanPardew
18th Feb 2016, 06:25
Luton was indeed a lovely part of England....when Jethro Tull were formed....in 1967. Since then it has become an absolute dump.

Fact.

Alan Pardew, Crystal Palace

Eau de Boeing
18th Feb 2016, 06:28
I don't remember too many jazz bars in Bury Park when I lived there either.

Is that 5 quid curry house still there on one of the back streets too?
Never did ask where they got the meat from.........:yuk: