PDA

View Full Version : 4 hawks

mopardave
10th Feb 2016, 18:31
Nice to see the 4 Hawks in tight formation, over Askwith at 12.20 today. Heading south....ish, down the lower Wharfe valley towards Otley. I'm pleased to say, it's not unusual to see fj's up there these days. Thanks for that!!

Just saying.
MD :ok:

unclenelli
10th Feb 2016, 19:09
If you have access to CADS, you can see who, what, when & where.
They were earlier than planned.

Courtney Mil
10th Feb 2016, 19:27
Why not use the low flying complaints system to express feelings of support?

mopardave
10th Feb 2016, 20:08
Courtney.......I didn't even know you could. Everyday is a school day though, so I most certainly will do that.
MD

mopardave
10th Feb 2016, 20:21
If you have access to CADS, you can see who, what, when & where.
They were earlier than planned.

Not sure what that is.......but I suspect it's something only available to serving military?

I've since been told they were heading for an event at LBA. Nice sight on a glorious day in god's country!

MD

Courtney Mil
10th Feb 2016, 21:34
I was suggesting that we might abuse the low flying complaints system by submitting complaints that are actually messages of support. Just a thought.

G-CPTN
10th Feb 2016, 23:31
I live under a low-flying corridor.

There are two reasons for the corridor - the first is that it is a route from a live firing training area (live-firing for land machines) and an electronic warfare training area (for aircraft) - and the second reason that it crosses the approach to an airport (so the military aircraft have to be kept below the civilian airliners.

On one occasion (I don't recall the detail) I telephoned the 'low-flying hotline'.
I couldn't get through to the operator that I wasn't wanting to lodge a complaint . . .

David Thompson
11th Feb 2016, 00:32
Nice to see the 4 Hawks in tight formation, over Askwith at 12.20 today. Heading south....ish, down the lower Wharfe valley towards Otley. I'm pleased to say, it's not unusual to see fj's up there these days. Thanks for that!!

A flypast by 100 Squadron from Leeming to celebrate the 80th anniversary of the formation of 609 (West Riding) Squadron Auxiliary Air Force who formed at Yeadon on the 10 February 1936 .
Tally Ho

Finningley Boy
11th Feb 2016, 09:07
I was suggesting that we might abuse the low flying complaints system by submitting complaints that are actually messages of support. Just a thought.

Do you mean phone up and complain that not enough RAF Jets fly low through my neck of the woods? or none indeed!

FB:)

mopardave
11th Feb 2016, 20:19
G-CPTN
On one occasion (I don't recall the detail) I telephoned the 'low-flying hotline'.
I couldn't get through to the operator that I wasn't wanting to lodge a complaint . . .
Sounds about right! Let's face it........no ones interested in complimenting a job well done these days......we'd rather listen to the moaners!!!!!!!:ugh::ugh:
MD

rigpiggy
11th Feb 2016, 21:42
Hello, I'd like to lodge a complaint.

Yes Sir;

I'd like to complain that they weren't low enough, or fast enough, and dammit next time tell them to come a round a second time, so I HAVE TIME TO GET OUT THE CAMERA!!!

Errrr? OK.

Thank You, Have a Nice Day