PDA

View Full Version : First Video - Aces of the Sky

PedroSpotter
8th Feb 2016, 21:04
Hello people. I want to share with you my first youtube video, with clips recorded by me and my friend Bernardo. We are student pilots (ATPL) and we hope to share with other people the passion for aviation. :)

:ok::ok: https://youtu.be/iE3pcOxkbgw

alwayslookingup
13th Feb 2016, 12:35
Well I'm going to say I like it, even if nobody else does. Well done, looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

Hotel Tango
13th Feb 2016, 14:10
I recognize it's your first effort but if you want honest feedback: too many relatively uninteresting short (too short) clips with a lack of continuity and of no particular breathtaking interest, with, maybe, the exception of the longer clip of the (windy) night landing. ;)

PedroSpotter
14th Feb 2016, 11:16
Thank you both of you guys :)

@alwayslookingup Thatīs what I really want. Your feedback, to know what I can improve and getting better. It was my first video and first edit as well and in the next videos I will try to follow your advices. :) :ok:

AndoniP
15th Feb 2016, 12:35
the only advice I can give is please, please invest in a tripod or monopod, the picture was too jerky. :ok:

clunckdriver
15th Feb 2016, 17:39
Get rid of the bloody "elevator music" please!!!

dixi188
20th Feb 2016, 09:21
Sorry, but the title led me to think I was going to see something about Fighter Pilots.

flyingtincan
20th Feb 2016, 18:29
I disagree a bit about the jerky video. Yes is could always be better but compared to the usual youtube efforts your video is mainly steady and free of constant zooms and pans. Remember if the action is moving then keep the camera still. If possible rest it or yourself against something steady. Your pictures have good focus mainly. Watch out for the camera autofocus completely messing up if you zoom in. If it is available switch to manual focus. How many youtube videos have been ruined at the crucial moment because of wild zooming and panning. The more you zoom in the more difficult it will be to hold a steady shot.

Cockpit pictures. Inside or outside. One or the other as you are going from bright to dark and the auto exposure will lag. I would vote for inside so we can follow the instruments.

Sound. Get rid of the music. We want to hear the live effects. The music 'distances' us from what is happening. But be warned editing the sound is mores difficult than the pictures. If you do want to pick up the sound then the sound needs to be near the microphone. For example you can see the goal keeper let in the goal from the other end of the pitch but you won't hear what he said unless you are standing right next to him.

Practise and rehearse. Know your kit.

just a few thoughts.

lomapaseo
20th Feb 2016, 19:18
The Ryanair logo shots ruined it