PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Man - Stobart Air

slf99
8th Feb 2016, 20:36
It seems that, after Easter, Stobart will be operating all the Manchester - Ronaldsway flights. Anyone know if this means more aircraft (of what type) and crews based on island, and what speculation about punctuality?
The ATRs do struggle out of Manchester against headwind (see the aircraft tracking sites for speeds) and it seems that they are held back by Manchester departure control until all faster traffic is out of the way. Not good news?

Tonyq
8th Feb 2016, 21:02
You are correct, but this is not 'new' news as it was apparent when the S16 schedules were released some months ago.

With the demise of IOM-Stansted, the two ATR's will be able to cover MAN, LPL and BHX without any support from non-IOM based aircraft.

Time will tell over punctuality and reliability. My sense (without the benefit of any data) is that the reliability over the winter has been little different from when BE flew the whole schedule themselves. That said, on some of the wildest days, BE have taken over the whole schedule with their own metal.

BTW. Not sure this needed its own thread. Probably needs to be merged in the existing IOM thread.

slf99
8th Feb 2016, 22:57
Noted your comment about this being a new thread, but the IoM thread seems to have disappeared...

Haven't a clue
9th Feb 2016, 07:22
Still here:

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/233780-isle-man-142.html

But there has been little posted for a while - nothing new or exciting happening it seems.

desk_bound
10th Feb 2016, 05:01
Almost 100 knot headwinds will push any aircraft "backwards", departures held back ?? News to me :ooh:

Owlery
19th Feb 2016, 12:31
Force 10 winds at IOM a few weeks ago caused our 8.40 flight from Manchester to be delayed a little. The usual ATR72 was replaced by a Dash 8 - no announcement but I guess that this caused the delay. There was much turbulence whilst waiting on the tarmac at Manchester.

It has to be said that it was one of the few (perhaps even the only) flight to land at IOM that morning. And the landing was immaculate (it should be really, when you can touch down at such a slow ground speed)!

I'm also pleased to say that the punctuality has been good on the many days I've flown with Flybe/Stobart this year (unlike the chaos last summer on the Flybe MAN-IOM services).