PDA

View Full Version : Kenyan Helicopter Licence - CPL

November Mike
8th Feb 2016, 10:09
Anyone familiar with the process of how to obtain a Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence in Kenyan. :rolleyes:

I'm a South African Comm Licence holder but I've been told I'd have to obtain a Kenyan licence in order to fly a helicopter there (Kenya).

Anyone got any get about the exams/course material perhaps? Would be greatly appreciated! :ok:

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
11th Feb 2016, 09:49
Kindly consult Kenya Civil Aviation Authority for clarification.

November Mike
12th Feb 2016, 00:50
Brilliant mate!!! Like I hadn't thought of that!!!! :ugh:

I am/was looking for some pointers with regards to the process :D:D

kotakota
12th Feb 2016, 04:48
KCAA and clarification , two words that do not belong in the same sentence . If the Licencing Department still have Lucy(fer) in charge then be prepared for some frustration . There are some very nice and very smart Licencing Officers there , but the ' system' does not allow them to sing from the same hymn sheet .

November Mike
12th Feb 2016, 07:14
Thanks for the heads up mate, now we're getting somewhere......:eek:

sugar fairy
12th Feb 2016, 10:20
I did a license conversion for ATP there back in 2012. I'm fixed wing, not sure if there is a difference between converting CPL and ATP but from my experience I first wrote a basic air law exam and was then given a temporary validation. This validates your license for 3 months. That is the easy part. After 3 months, I had to write the full conversion exam which is horrendous. The KCAA doesn't take too well to foreigners converting their license so be prepared for extremely rude staff, endless paperwork, filling out 5 different forms that are basically exactly the same, scrutinizing the hell out of your logbook and so on. From start to finish it took me 9 months to complete the process.
Good luck :)