PDA

View Full Version : Got my CPL, waited 2 years, now a little stuck.

n8d0g
7th Feb 2016, 13:19
Good day all!

So I got an email back from Cathay about my application (which was in some limbo for 2 years).

I went and got my CPL and applied for the cadet program, but the advanced program was closed, and now its open they tell me its full.

I also contacted Dragon Air, and they tell me they dont have an Advanced Program at the moment and to contact them after getting ATPLs.

So i seem a bit stuck. If I had stopped at PPL I most likely would have been ok, but CX wont allow me to "downgrade" for the basic program.
Now I cant get into the Basic program OR the Advance Program and frankly am running out of ideas.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

n8d0g
8th Feb 2016, 06:14
The return email which I got said something along the lines "we have sufficient people now for the program, we wish you luck in your future career".

I too thought they might want more people given their fleet expansive so and relatively high turnover. Which was a little disappointing, especially since I went out to get my MECIR as well(but that has since lapsed).

giuliohck
15th Feb 2016, 22:12
As long as you have HKID, I thought you can still apply the ab-initio (the 1 year cadet program) with CPL and 200 something hours.

n8d0g
29th Mar 2016, 15:25
As long as you have HKID, I thought you can still apply the ab-initio (the 1 year cadet program) with CPL and 200 something hours

Sadly this is not true. Im a 3* HK resident with a CPL (with expired MECIR) and Ive been told by CX very definetly that I cannot go into the cadet program and must apply for the Advanced Entry.

KA sent me an email about 1 year ago with some attachments about converting to an HK license.

Ive recently joined a flying club in Cebu and they have considered having me on as a part time instructor/ safety pilot, so I could build up to 500, but i suspect this will be a long and costly process, I guess I have no option but to wait and see in a few years.

Meanwhile waiting for my GFS application to start...

giuliohck
6th Apr 2016, 21:13
Huh, that's interesting! How many hours did you have when you apply for CX? Currently I am getting close to my CPL flight test with 200hrs in Canada, I am planning to apply for CX (ab-initio) in a few months