PDA

View Full Version : Red lights flashing near Paris

Espada III
6th Feb 2016, 21:45
Flew into CDG tonight landing towards the west at about 22.05. We were turning onto final about seven or eight miles out (I'm not an expert on these things) and I saw what looked like a huge array of red lights flashing to the south of us, possibly three miles from us. It was clearly visible from the plane. I have tried to identify where they are and what they are but no joy. Anyone have any idea?

Council Van
6th Feb 2016, 22:04
Could it have been Euro Disney?

Much more than 3 miles to the South of the centre line for the Southern runways but it is hard to judge distance at night.

I do not operate into CDG any more but seem to recall we would be turned onto finals at about 12 to 14 miles.

dash6
7th Feb 2016, 08:43
Possibly obstruction lights on a wind farm?

Union Jack
7th Feb 2016, 09:39
Could it have been Euro Disney? - CV

Disney Dreams! | Disneyland Paris Entertainment (http://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/entertainment/disneyland-park/disney-dreams-night-time-spectacular/) given that the timing may not fit precisely at this time of year.

Jack

Espada III
7th Feb 2016, 11:57
Thanks. I thought it might be EuroDisney but think it is too close to the airport to match the place I saw the lights. I'll keep looking.....

Hotel Tango
7th Feb 2016, 12:33
If only red lights, possibly a bunch of high masts?

IFPS man
7th Feb 2016, 13:54
Just to the west of Melun, near Boisise le Bertrand is a large military (?) site which has many aerials, red lights at night. Maybe that is what you saw....
Iman

Espada III
7th Feb 2016, 22:06
Possibly the right configuration but I think too far south and west... I also think Disney is too far West and possibly a bit north but it's hard to tell from a plane at night.

Could it be this.......Coulommiers – Voisins Aerodrome?