PDA

View Full Version : Help Please MT Qatar

waco
23rd Jun 2002, 19:01
Sorry to bother !

Am flying with Qatar Airways in a few weeks time and have quite a tight connection to make in Doha. Any good tips or pointers ?

Thanks

Waco

MTQatar
23rd Jun 2002, 19:30
Hello Waco.

I am pleased to help you. Can you give me some more details. From where will you be flying? and where are you going? and on what class? alternativley you can post this information on http://www.aviationgulf.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi and you'll get a quick reply.

waco
23rd Jun 2002, 19:42
Thanks MT

LHR/DOH/MLE and the reverse ten days later. Regret to advise stationed in economy, alas don't have the flight numbers to hand but think I only have an hour to make the connection.

Can advise the flight numbers in due course, no hurry though, not flying until 28th Aug.

Am really looking forward to it. Think I'm getting to old for flight ops !

Thanks again !

MTQatar
23rd Jun 2002, 19:58
Outbound you'll be on flight QR002 on Qatar Airways' new A330-200. The flight time will be around 6h 30min. The improved seats have new features that were not found in the older seats although the member A300Man has noticed that the recline is less. You'll have a PTV (Private Television) with 16 Channels of entertianment and of course the service and food on board is some of the best you can get.

When you arrive in Doha you'll deboard using stairs and go on a bus to the terminal. From then head to the Transfer Desk which will be clearly marked and their will be signs so you won't get lost. The airport itself is small so their is a slim chance of that. The uniformed staff at the desk will give you directions on to your connecting flights and will issue you boarding cards if you didn't get some in LHR. You only have 1 hour on the ground and so you won't have much time to visit the duty free or any of the restaurants but you can sneek in and have a quick peek.

Then of course follow the directions/signs to your gate. On flight QR382 to MLE on an A320. The A320s are all new the oldest being only 3 years old and the youngest is only a few weeks old. The seats are very comortable and the seat pitch is good. Unfortunetly you won't get PTV's on this flight but the overhead LCD screens are very good.

On your return you'll have the same scenario but this time your connection is only 45min!

I hope this info helps :)

Regards,
MTQatar

waco
23rd Jun 2002, 21:31
MT

Many thanks indeed for that. Nice to know we should make the connection, though the 45 minutes looks tight.

I've heard lots of very nice things about QA and am looking forward to enjoying the service.

My mob also operate A330 and A32, alas, we try and get a few more seats in.

I've enjoyed several trips to the middle east, including BAH,DXB and SHJ, is DOH worth a visit and do the have a golf course !

Cheers again

Waco

MTQatar
24th Jun 2002, 03:31
Don't worry about the connection time in Doha. The airport is very small and everything is well organized so everything should be fine.

I've enjoyed several trips to the middle east, including BAH,DXB and SHJ, is DOH worth a visit and do the have a golf course !

Yeah you'll enjoy a visit in Doha. QR can arrange that by having you arrive from MLE and then take the LHR flight the next day or later. Doha is a very nice city, the architecture is very interesting. The sea is beautiful, and shopping is good (though not as good as Dubai). Yes their is a Golf Course here, one of the best in the Middle East. There is a yearly tournamtent held there as part of the European PGA tour.

http://www.qnhc.com/english/dohagolfclub/pics/golf/Player2.jpg

http://www.qnhc.com/english/dohagolfclub/pics/golf/Golf.jpg

http://www.qnhc.com/english/dohagolfclub/pics/golf/inside2.jpg

One problem though is that the Golf course is quite expensive. The cheapest way to go there is to include it in your holiday package.

Regards,
MTQatar

waco
24th Jun 2002, 05:06
Hi MT

Thanks again, once I get hold of the tickets, will contact QR and try to arrange a night stop on the way home.

Really appreciate your time and trouble.

Regards

Waco