PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

Bogtrotter
2nd Mar 2001, 00:52
Heard a rather nasty rumour recently re. Ryanair's latest recruitment strategy for new FO's. They are apparently looking at training 40 new FO's this year. If you're one of the wannabes 'fortunate' enough to be selected you hand over £12K for the training. At the end of the course around 25 will then be taken on, not necessarily as flight crew. A stint in ops may be all that is initially offered. I don't know what happens to the balance of the 40 who start training.
Someone please tell me this is not true because it sound like something out of Never-never land.

Sagey
2nd Mar 2001, 03:27
Is this from scratch with no real experience or is this after ppl etc?

Because if it is from scratch I can't really see anything wrong with it tbh
Sagey

sandran
2nd Mar 2001, 04:28
That stirs something in my mind somewhere, I think that sort of arrangement may be illegal. Any legal experts out there to confirm that?
Any arrangement where you hand out 12K for a barely 50% chance to get a job in OPs is a bit like gambling. On the other hand if it bought you a 738 rating, thats a different matter.
In any case it seems a bit unlikely, even for Ryanair. If I wrote down all the rumours I heard about Ryanair it would make a good book.

Superfly
2nd Mar 2001, 14:22
If they have to dump you, they'll do it before you get the 737 rating , they don't want you to knock on the next door and get a right seat in Stelios's place do they ???

Happy landings, Superfly

Mister Geezer
2nd Mar 2001, 18:17
With reference to the £12K training fee. I was told that they take £4000 off your salary for three years and then you get a nice pay rise.

I have heard nothing about coughing up £12000 before joining the company. IMHO things are different!

MG

------------------
It's a limited RAS as you approach my dark area.......

flying pig_ie
10th Mar 2001, 01:28
Heard that one too guys, from a "Reliable" source, although it may be a case of £4k over 3 years.
Most of us wouldn't have 12k to spend after the multi/ir, mcc etc. (at least I wouldn't)!
although there are always a few golden boys and girls for whom money is no object and who don't live in the real world like the rest of us..lets hope it's not true in any case

flyingwelshman
10th Mar 2001, 17:13
Where did you hear about this scheame? There is nothing on the web and when you ring personel they no nothing either!

TFW

smoothkpilot
10th Mar 2001, 22:46
Hi Guys any news on where I can get those contact details about this scheme at Ryanair.

Giving the smoothest landings worldwide.

Smoothk

Wee Weasley Welshman
10th Mar 2001, 23:01
Ryanair themselves seem to know nothing about this scheme so I think the rumour is false.

I don't see anything too bad about any such scheme as outlined - other airlines have done similar whereby a flying job is not gauranteed from the start and you have to prove yourself in another related role first.

Undercarraige
11th Mar 2001, 03:34
I don't know if this is much help but I have heard rumours about this scheme for a while now and decided to check it out with a friend of mine who works with Ryanair. Unfortunately he said he hadn't heard of any such scheme operating in the near future.

This may change of course, but as of last week he hadn't heard of any such sponsorship.

sage2001
15th Mar 2001, 22:51
Seems like a good idea....for the company beancounters that is...
I'd echo flyingpigs comments in that when i'm finished the CPL Multi-I/R..i'll have very lil' spare cash...and def not 12K

------------------