PDA

View Full Version : Quickest command in Asia

Al1988
3rd Feb 2016, 06:21
Looking for some advice on the quickest places to get commands in Asia?

Any pointers greatly appreciated

PoppaJo
3rd Feb 2016, 13:04
China or Vietnam.

LCCs are expanding...have not checked recently but possibly Jetstar or Tiger in Singapore. Jetstar in Japan is going through rapid growth.

safelife
3rd Feb 2016, 13:06
In China many airlines nowadays accept first officers directly as captains.
Not always advertised, but happening.

WYOMINGPILOT
4th Feb 2016, 01:09
Forget the quick upgrades in China, they rarely happen and when they do you will have years of experience and many painful years.

Why do you seek a quick upgrade? You must be one of the "ME ME" generation looking for a quick buck and not willing to put in the required effort, time and study. My advice is go the traditional route, PAY YOUR DUES, get some experience, learn a little about flying, how to be a good pilot and deal with the crew and outside agencies and then maybe you can then begin to thing about what it takes to be a Captain.

Al1988
4th Feb 2016, 01:51
Thanks for the replies.

Wyoming pilot, no i'm not part of the "me me" generation. Been at a legacy carrier in Asia for the last 7 years and i'm looking to move to the US. Seems to be competitive I need TPIC time, something those in regionals in the US will get quickly whereas those of us who've put in the same "hard yards" at a legacy carrier will not get until the 11-12yr mark.

wishiwasupthere
4th Feb 2016, 03:20
What's the rush?

Learn, and enjoy the ride!

prop rider
6th Feb 2016, 09:11
Malaysia and Singapore don't employ foreign citizens on the right seat even on LCCs.

wheels_down
7th Feb 2016, 00:05
Wrong.

Singapore does.

SIA/Silkair only employ locals. Tiger and Jetstar hire whoever they want have have many Aussie/Brit FOs

safelife
10th Feb 2016, 09:45
WYOMINGPILOT, I didn't say they hire you to be upgraded.
They do hire First Officers with no PIC on type directly onto the LHS.
Yes, they're desperate...