PDA

View Full Version : MAM QF Australia

Tyman
2nd Feb 2016, 13:25
This one is for the MAM QF applicants, got too confusing on the QCCA form.

Toovey123
3rd Feb 2016, 07:02
Hello to fello MAM candidates.

I was emailed and asked for an OPG Dental X-ray today.
My ground school starts on the 9th (Next Tuesday ) and this is the first I've heard of a dental X - Ray. If you read this MY December or anyone else in MAM Brisbane based can you reply to me and let me know what I'm supposed to do.? Do you go to your own dentist, or a Qantas approved dentist. Thanks to anyone that can answer.
Congrats to everyone that has got in.

Toovey

Mydecember
3rd Feb 2016, 20:52
Hi Toovey,

I think you can go to any dentist (('m just going to contact mine to send the x rays they have taken.)

I don't think there is a deadline on doing this by a certain date like the ASIC and medicals etc. (not 100 per cent sure though)

Basically it's just a dental record so that they can keep on file to identify you if heaven forbid there is an accident and casualties.

Mydecember
3rd Feb 2016, 20:53
PS Toovey have you been given your flight and accommodation details yet? Hope to get them soon so we know when we are leaving/times etc as its only a couple of days away

Toovey123
7th Feb 2016, 09:04
Hi My December
I got my dental x -ray done.So all good.
I will see you tomorrow for the 2.25 pm flight.
Cheers Toovey

alex.s
9th Feb 2016, 12:40
I had my medical on the 8th and GS is early March. Hoping to hear soon if I'm successful. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm applying for MEL

flywithd
9th Feb 2016, 14:47
Mydecember & Toovey123,

how is ground school going? I start on Monday so a bit excited!

Toovey123
17th Feb 2016, 13:08
Thanks for asking after my decemer & myself. Ground school is soo hard. We have been here just over a week & ivd had time to watch TV for about an hour. There is an exam every 3 days with most of your time studying. Out group has a lot of candidates that had flown before or had done (AA)Aviation Australia. There is only about 5 of us who had hadnt done either. My december & I are both in that group.we did the slide today, and are doing evacuation and brace drills. The instrutors are very nice and the flight to Sydney was business class. Its been great so far and tiring.
Time for sleep cheers Toovey

flywithd
19th Feb 2016, 09:05
Are you guys back in MEL doing EP's or sydney?

aueb
21st Feb 2016, 02:13
Congrats to those who got in.
Would you guys share what staff travel benefits you get?

Thanks

Toovey123
23rd Feb 2016, 11:43
Are you guys back in MEL doing EP's or sydney?
Mainly Sydney. Going to Melbourne for an overnighter

Toovey123
23rd Feb 2016, 11:46
Congrats to those who got in.
Would you guys share what staff travel benefits you get?

Thanks
Um 4 trips per year. 2 if u take ur partner. Eg: to London return with ur husband would be 2 trips

flywithd
23rd Feb 2016, 12:41
We're doing EP's in MEL now then up to syd in 3 weeks :8:O

Toovey123
9th Mar 2016, 11:00
Thanks for asking after my decemer & myself. Ground school is soo hard. We have been here just over a week & ivd had time to watch TV for about an hour. There is an exam every 3 days with most of your time studying. Out group has a lot of candidates that had flown before or had done (AA)Aviation Australia. There is only about 5 of us who had hadnt done either. My december & I are both in that group.we did the slide today, and are doing evacuation and brace drills. The instrutors are very nice and the flight to Sydney was business class. Its been great so far and tiring.
Time for sleep cheers Toovey

we have just finished EPs and onro service training tomorrow.Yay!!9/3/16