PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 MAX First Flight

CISTRS
2nd Feb 2016, 09:49
Clear view of trailing static:

XTtRPXwVdNU

no sponsor
2nd Feb 2016, 15:50
I'm still flabbergasted that Boeing couldn't be arsed to design a new aircraft, but modify a design from the 1950s. I've spent thousands of hours stuck in that small cramped ergonomically appalling cockpit and thank my lucky stars I don't have to sit in one again.

condor17
13th Feb 2016, 07:51
NS , opposite poles i'm afraid .. Learned more in 1 year of 732s than the previous 12 on Britains finest of which 117 were built . Then enjoyed the transition to 733s and TVs . Later again thoroughly enjoyed left hand on 734s .
Cosy cockpit ? Yes , but when in the seat everything's to hand and no more cramped than a 744 .
Ergonomics , best was the the 732 ADVs , white on black instruments and an enormous A/H .... Never believe a TV salesman who says you can read the TVs in bright sunshine .
Easy aeroplane to fly , but more difficult to fly well . Jet powered Aztec , 732 is balanced on a pin ... eng out hit 15 degrees and hold it there , stop yaw with most of rudder and hold it ! Good efficient people carrier, turn round with only a tractor and trailer , airstairs , reverse off stand , Cat 3A , flies well as a soft top , I could go on ....
Yes I know control forces , and response not the best , but previous was lovely to handle but carp at everything else . But , probably the last aeroplane I've hand flown for a complete sector . Germany to UK .
44 year reunion last Autumn ; an older course mate from the Emerald Isle who's spent his time in Green 73s .... '' I bet you can still remember the 732 attitudes and power settings ''. He was right I could , and all from 30 years back . Other more recent types have fallen into the abyss .

rgds condor ,

Of the ... If it's not Boeing , I'm not going persuasion , and of course I'm only an old tractor driver with wings . So most aeronautical devices handle better than a Fergy , Grey or Red .

condor17
13th Feb 2016, 07:55
P.S. A lovely blue / grey cockpit . None of the later Boeings s****y brown !

condor .

7478ti
22nd Feb 2016, 07:07
And the B737NG/Max with EDFCS, and the latest FMS Ops Program, is still arguably the best RNP and GLS jet in the global fleet, especially when using HUD AIII to monitor LAND 3 !!!

maat
4th Mar 2016, 02:35
Decoded please?

tomuchwork
7th Mar 2016, 21:38
After flying lots of years in Bombardier(CRJ) and Airbus Aircraft(hate them) I am actually really looking forward to fly the NG737 and soon(hopefully) the MAX.

Zoom-56
31st Mar 2016, 22:29
Upholstery color and cockpit ergonomics... Okay, I guess that falls under the category of systems testing, so... sure! For maat, I'm not a commercial guy, my testing was mostly military, but since no one else seems to be offering a decode, EDFCS is enhanced digital flight control system, FMS is flight management system, RNP is typically used in this environment for required navigation performance, GLS is normally used for various forms of GPS-aided landing systems, HUD is heads up display, and I believe LAND 3 is hands-off socked-in autoland. But I'm just a fighter puke, so take all of that with a grain of salt.