PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Scheduled

jmc757
23rd Jun 2002, 11:08
I am travelling with my family to Faro from Luton with Monarch Scheduled on 28th July. My outbound flight is ZB046 LTN-FAO departing LTN at 0800. We got these flights at an amazing price... £104 rtn!!!!!

I am wondering if anyone has any information on these flights. oag.com states the flight is operated by A320, is that correct?? Also, does anyone know where the aircraft arrives at LTN from before operating ZB046. (if i know i can then check the incoming flight on teletext to anticipate any delays! although, im flying with Monarch so i'm sure there won't be).

I am really looking forward to flying with "Spotty M". I last flew with them in 1998 on a charter BHX-TFS-BHX and it was very good, even for charter. they are a quality outfit, since 1998 i havve flown JMC and AIH, and Monarch win hands down!!

Thanks for any info.
jmc757

Mr @ Spotty M
23rd Jun 2002, 12:14
JMC757, your a/c should be a A320, which is flying for the missing 757, due Gib accident. However 757 might be back in service by the time of your flight. I would put my money on the A320, even if the 757 is back in service. No point in checking teletext, as the a/c is back before midnight. Have a good trip.

Cat-Club
23rd Jun 2002, 12:37
Hey Mr Spotty M - do you know if that CSO vacancy was filled at LTN ??:rolleyes:

rentaghost
24th Jun 2002, 14:21
Will be B757 (unless tech), should be inbound from ALC as 7095 at 0515.

Cat Club - CSO position - yes, filled internally.

jmc757
24th Jun 2002, 17:35
Thanks for the information guys. but now i have 2 pieces of info that contradict each other!!!!! 757 or A320??? What are your info sources? (not that i am doubting any of you!).

I did check Teletext this saturday night to see if there were any MON arrivals in the early hrs of Sunday but there wernt, the last was late saturday night, which supports Spotty M's information.

Thanks anyway.
jmc757

rentaghost
25th Jun 2002, 11:48
The 7095 is a peak season ALC flight that starts 20.07, that's why you couldnt find it on last Saturday's teletext.

The FAO flight is now planned on B757 with 'nice' configuration due to changes within the Monarch programme.

Ask for a seat in the first 8 rows if you get to check-in on time, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Hogg
25th Jun 2002, 12:10
I flew Monarch last year on holidays 757 out A300 back, was well looked after and excellent service, crew great fun.

Amazing what a smile will do for you, well for me;)

jmc757
18th Jul 2002, 15:44
My flight is definitely the 757. had a letter (well leaflet really) from Monarch today....

"Since you booked with us, Monarch Scheduled is pleased to announce that we have acquired a Monarch aircraft which has a separate forward cabin offering a seat pitch of 44 inches.

This Boeing 757 is operating a special contract but we are lucky enough to also be able to use this aircraft to operate some of our scheduled flights from london luton between 20 July and 31 October 2002.

To check which flights this special configuration aircraft is now operating please refer to the attached list.

Reserve a seat for a supplement of only £20 per one way.. etc etc"

So it is the 757 as you said, and the "special one". What is the special contract anyway? Won't be cosmos or anything??
My flight is on the list.

Cheers
P.S nice of Monarch to send me mailshots like this, when they haven't even got the tickets to us yet!!! I travel in 12 days!

Mr @ Spotty M
18th Jul 2002, 21:49
JMC757, your aircraft will be the 757 G-MONK.
Aircraft is flying a program to Freetown, twice a week from LGW.
In between rotations it ops Luton schedule services in a 186 pax config. The A320 which l mentioned in my first post to you, will be a standby aircraft at the end of next week or early the following week. G-MONC is due back around Monday or Tuesday after its repair in Gib. After re-paint its back into service and G-MONW is a standby. Have a good flight, l know you will.

jmc757
18th Jul 2002, 21:52
"have a good flight, i know you will"

Cheers, i know i will have a great flight, no doubts, looking forward to it :D :D