PDA

View Full Version : Transferring a GCAA endorsement to Australia

Rosso Noche
29th Jan 2016, 09:16
I'm wondering if anyone has any useful information on transferring a GCAA endorsement onto an existing Australian licence (already Part 61).

I have researched the requirements from the Australian end however I am after feedback/advice from anyone who has successfully completed the process.

Particularly how people enacted the CASA requirement to provide the issuing authority (GCAA) permission to verify the qualification (I cannot find any info or forms on the GCAA website relating to this).

Any other useful information would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Rosso.

Rosso Noche
30th Jan 2016, 04:15
Thanks 773.

That's the form I have. The requirements on the Australian side come with some pretty good instructions (on the form). I have all of the documents certified. I did this in Australia as finding someone over here is near impossible - the Embassy won't certify documents these days - glad I paid taxes all those years! :ugh:

I may have to visit the GCAA or write them a general letter giving permission to release my details.

I'm not sure what happens if they refuse or how long the process takes once the ball gets rolling.

I'll update my progress on here. :ok:

Cheers Rosso.

Rosso Noche
30th Jan 2016, 05:16
UPDATE:

GCAA have a licence verification process via their eLicencing online forms.

You will have to register to gain access. The verification takes 30 days and can be directed to you the individual or the civil aviation authority in your home country via a drop down menu of contacts.

Fast track takes only 10 days but will cost you 200 dingas.

Cheers.