PDA

View Full Version : NEW to ATPL

JamesAbram
29th Jan 2016, 08:59
Hi all. Couple of questions, I'd really appreciate help with.

I'm a PPl holder with circa 170 hours.

I'm about to start the ATPL ground school. I think I'm going with Air Bartolini in Poland, it's done through Bristol GS.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Also, realistically, how long do you think it will take me? I work full time, but prepared to put all my effort into study.

Also, are there any tips on how to study? I know that sounds a weird question, but I'm 33 now so haven't been in a study environment for a number of years.

Many thanks in advance.

JamesAbram
29th Jan 2016, 09:53
Hi Keeflyer.

To be honest, the price Bartolini offer is a selling point. 2250 Euros. It's done through BGS, but the payment is 1000 Euros up front, then the remaining 1250 before you attend brush up course in Poland. it includes fees for all exams, and 3 resits if required.

Ginger Ninja
30th Jan 2016, 20:06
Have you considered the cost of accomodation, etc in Poland when attending the brush up courses?

If your in Wales, surely it's going to be quicker, easier to get to the brush up courses?

GN

Transsonic2000
31st Jan 2016, 11:58
Have you considered the cost of accomodation, etc in Poland when attending the brush up courses?
Exactly! I think that's what many people forget when doing the equation, and it's not only about accommodation. First you need to get there (cost for airline ticket?) how are you going to get around (you might need a rental car) and of course, don't forget to eat. How many brush up courses are there?

Regarding your other question about time frame and study advice. Well, regarding the time frame, that's difficult to predict since a lot of factors come into play and each individual takes a different approach to learning/studying. But considering you're working a full time job, a realistic time frame in my opinion (from getting enrolled until passing the last exam) about 12 to 24 month. Of course there are always people who did it in less time, but I'd advise don't take that as a general guideline! The majority of the people underestimate the ATP exams, this is not an easy affair! It can't be compared with the PPL studies!

I'd suggest to use the search function of the forum, there are some helpful threads regarding ATPL studies and exams.

Good luck!