PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann

TranceHead
23rd Jun 2002, 05:27
Not great news for Aer Arann with loosing the PSO routes Dub-Cfn_dub, Dub-sxl-dub.

Just when things were getting good.

dundoniandean
23rd Jun 2002, 10:47
It must be said though, although Aer Arann have indeed lost the CFN and SXL routes, it only equates to 6 sectors a day. I feel that Aer Arann will be able to use the aircraft used for these sectors on other routes. Perhaps increase Shannon, Galway or Kerry frequencies from Dublin? Perhaps they should start DUB/NCL and give the BA J41's a bit of a thrashing. NCL is now so poorly served from DUB since Gill and BA were both competing. Perhaps Aer Arann have further expansion plans from ORK that could be moved forward. ORK/LTN could be a goody - big Irish contingent in the LTN area and DUB, WAT and BFS do rather well.

Just my ideas.

Good luck Aer Arann Express.

MarkD
23rd Jun 2002, 21:35
might also look at ORK-NCL as BA pulled off that lately after a short while... I know two people working in NCL who would be very pleased :D

Topcover
24th Jun 2002, 19:06
I am surprised that Aer Arann haven't started a Galway to Luton route .Surely this would be a winner .

Back in the Ryanair Atr42 days this route was always well supported.

dundoniandean
24th Jun 2002, 22:44
Air Kilroe tried this route about 4 years ago and I worked for the airline that did their revenue accounting for them at the time - it didn't last too long (6 months?) and the pax figs were atrocious - that's saying something for a J31 route!! They also tried Tees-side - Manchester - Galway at the same time - you can guess what happened to that route!! I think/hope Cork has a future for Aer Arann being Ireland's second biggest city.

Topcover
25th Jun 2002, 20:43
Is it possible that with a J31 being used that the fares being charged made the route unattactive to most people ?

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
26th Jun 2002, 12:14
The route was hardly advertised as well - that didn't help. :(

Buster the Bear
26th Jun 2002, 17:16
From memory, it operated via Manch some, or most of the time?

No advertising, no passengers, cant rely on travel agents!

Anyway, off to clean out the guest cage for Percy from Parma, should be here next week.

Ciao-fly for now!

ST.CRISPIN
26th Jun 2002, 23:38
I'VE BEEN AWAY, AND I'M SURE THIS IS A DULL QUESTION..BUT.. IF RE ARE OFF THE SXL AND CFN ROUTES, WHO DID GET THE PSO?

TranceHead
27th Jun 2002, 00:43
Euroceltic based now out of Waterford operating F27 and possibly F50.

Think REA going to concentrate on another Ireland -UK route with the atr72.

The Potter
29th Jun 2002, 15:44
Good Luck Euroceltic staff, I hope that your management pass on any success to you Guys & Gals who make it possible.

Whalerider
29th Jun 2002, 16:01
Still cannot believe that nobody has taken up the ORK- LGW service, which was op up to 4 times a day by RJ100. Very good loads. Thought that RYR would have been a cert.
See RE about to start ORK - SOU probably couldn't get LGW slots.

Tom the Tenor
30th Jun 2002, 00:19
Yes, it has been incredible that LGW-ORK has been so sidelined since last Autumn with no interest from anyone else. Shame EZY wont have a go with even one daily flight. The Aer Arann Express flight from ORK to SOU starting in July will be via BRS and, say, if you are travelling on to the London area that will be one long day of being carted around the houses? Best of luck to them, though, hopefully RE will do well.

Fokkersearcher
4th Jul 2002, 14:25
TranceHead do you work at Euroceltic ?