PDA

View Full Version : Info storing on digital operational flight plan

pilot dude
28th Jan 2016, 11:34
We are busy revamping our OFP on the EFB and want to eliminate unnecessary information. Where in EU-OPS can I find info regarding the information we as pilots have to write on the OFP that has to be stored

Currently we write the following that we want to get rid of:

ATIS, Im not against writing down the ATIS, but against typing it on the OFP, I know some operators have approval for just writing down the ATIS information eg "A" on the EFB and writing the actual info on a piece of paper which will be thrown away after flight since the CAA will in any case check the ATIS info from the service provider and not from the flightlog in case of an incident/accident. besides in the 3 months storage you dont have to store weather and NOTAM's anymore, and this is kind of an extension of weather and NOTAM's.

V speeds/TOD/LD, this we copy from the approved digital performance calculation that is also stored for three months, so this is double but some people claim this has to be standing on the OFP.

ETO for every waypoint in European radar controlled airspace (NOT NAT of remote like Africa etc.) to be filled in after take off. I know some operators have approval for just writing down the ETO/ATO and FUEL remaining once every 60 minutes.

On top of this we have some English colleagues that insist that every step climb, ATC frequency change, direct to has to be written down and stored for 3 months, I have flown in several European countries where this wasn't written down at all, and have no problem with writing this down in case we loose a radio of FMS, but does this have to be written down and saved for 3 months.

As said, I'm mainly looking for some kind of reference in some EASA publication, cause I want some more reference than "that's how we did it in 1973 so that's how we do it now. if we have to, we have to but because the law says so, not because that's how its always been.

Thanks for any input.

PD