PDA

View Full Version : AFPA Exam tutor Sydney

Brakerider
27th Jan 2016, 23:39
Hi all

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who might be able to help with some ATPL flight planning questions in the Sydney area. It's the last ATPL, done all the courses (AFT, Rob Avery, UNSW) but still a few areas I'm struggling with. Don't have the time to take more holidays, this is the last resort!

StonedPilot
31st Mar 2017, 06:03
Hi
Are you saying that you have done all the 3 course and still facing difficulty?.......Flight Planning sounds tough.......
I am doing flight planning course at the moment as well. Which course provider do you recommend me to go ahead on studying with?

Help needed here buddy......

bbymse
31st Mar 2017, 22:04
Hey buddy, I done my AFPA exam October 2016. I used Higgins notes 2.5 weeks study and got through. Learn the SGR weights for hw/tw, pnr ctp and all relevant techniques and go through all the notes. Not sure if you can highlight the routes but you'd save time there. Don't know about Avery notes but the AFT notes I were just fine. Overall
not as daunting as everyone makes it out to be. I'm your average joe type of guy and found little trouble. There's enough buffer with time and scores that you'd pass if you're upto speed with "what's the next step".To save time since there isn't any allowance for tags on the performance book, bend the pages of mach fuel weight figures. Do this for all specific pages, have some understanding of which sections to look for to get your way through.

That's my experience with AFPA.

PM me for any specific questions.

Kind regards

bbymse
31st Mar 2017, 22:05
Ones I know are unsw Jeremy.

StonedPilot
15th Mar 2018, 01:44
matey, do you still remember how to calculate the average winds using AFT course? I have a rob avery habit and he's style is different.

Starjkd
12th Apr 2018, 06:15
Hi all
Just need a little advise.. I failed flight planning by 2%.. unfortunately only 2 out of 18 questions were multi choice and now I'm worried about my accuracy.. also how many decimal points do CASA want you to type in for you answer? Any tips?
Thanks in advance!!