PDA

View Full Version : People know CX mistakes

Samsonite
26th Jan 2016, 22:28
Cathay Pacific's difficult 2016: hedging loss, growth cuts, A350 delay, unions, 10 abreast response | CAPA - Centre for Aviation (http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/cathay-pacifics-difficult-2016-hedging-loss-growth-cuts-a350-delay-unions-10-abreast-response-263367)

Guess they shouldn't have got rid of the expat fuel hedge expert we had before the people who took over and got CX into this mess.

This airline use to hire the best people for all positions, the best service, the best quality cabins and entertainment, the best meals which resulted in F and J class always been sold out before Y class. Now with all our save the penny attitude we have lost all of that and now J has to fill up with upgrades etc from Y. To worried about competing for the backpacker rather than our airlines previous focus of concentrating on the Premium Pax!! Bye bye Premium airline status. What a shame!!

Greenlights
26th Jan 2016, 23:06
It is the same for all airlines now...or nearly all soon. I am not even interesting anymore to work for a major in my country.
This job is dead (i mean the job who used to be) and you are just a pawn knowing the right word at the right line from the FCT.
Nowadays, "we" don't want best people, we want just good enough people who can obey and do not think.
My advice : move in management field (what I do, I fly less but I earn more) or fly for a corporate (at least you can still fly).