PDA

View Full Version : Trailblazing ...

RW-1
23rd Jun 2002, 00:57
Today was a mediocre day, windy, no sun, just scattered SoFla scud and an overcast above, with rain bands moving through.

I was going to try an XC to Key Largo with Mike, I'm going to get a "signoff" for permission to land on the dock/helipad at the Mariott there, so that in the near future, I can make a trip there myself.

Would have been a great day to do it, however the winds would have made one leg take twice as long as the other. Smart move was to postphone, and we are planning it for later.

However it was time to begin. I'm beginning to get comfortable, but not cocky with the Robbie, and this day would be time for me to take a trip in the left seat, on the road to CFI.

Let me tell you, anyone who does Robbie flying as a CFI, my hats off to you! :D

That was an experience hehehe, flying with one's cyclic arm out in front of you, etc. I did manage to make decent approaches, both normal and steep. Mike wanted me to try a straight in auto, however I declined at that this time, wanted to move back to the familiar position on the right and we then proceeded to shoot 6-7 straight in's, which were decent, then back to KFXE.

Looking forward to the next flight ...