PDA

View Full Version : Air Fiji (Pacific) Facts and Figures B73FO

Gpro
24th Jan 2016, 21:38
I know i have missed the boat for the current recruitment selection for Air Fiji, but i was wondering whether someone in the know could answer a few questions or an overall feel of the company for me:

1. Commuting contract/Roster, what is the current roster situation in regard to a commuting contract, fixed or random? How many days at home for days at work etc... are there any/many layovers?

2. Staff travel, how much? what kind? (ID90 etc...)

3. Basic Salary before and after tax for a B73 FO.

4. Hours per year? Time to command?

5. Any other T&C's, perks and benefits not really advertised.

6. How are most of the Expats there adapting to life in Fiji? is moral high? accommodation and social life good?

Thanks in advance for any information and taking the time to answer some questions. I have already looked on the forum for the answers, however i have found it hard to come by or out of date.

Gpro

dboy
25th Jan 2016, 13:01
Hello Gpro

I don't know what nationality you have but i think you need a FIJI one.

I applied last week. There was nowhere a statement of that in the ad.

I checked today my application status and sudden there is in the title "FO 737" next to it, "fiji citizenship". Although last week it was not saying that, so i guess they added in the meantime.

Well i can not be angry or frustated anymore, the last 5 years of applying it was nothing but those :mad: requirements and trics.

Time to turn my back to aviation.

EFAHEAVY
25th Jan 2016, 13:28
Don't waste your breath. Sosi disorganised and obviously cannot read written English.. Cut all dealings with them... Island time is being polite.

Commuting: they will say 'absolutely Captain!!!' then call bull$hit on the deal once you're there

Travel: ID90... But do you really want to fly on an Airbus that did a 3.5G landing and was 'written up on the way home' and required a gear change?

Salary: 10,000 $NZD.. Tax... Upwards of 45% non locals

Look elsewhere. Lots of promises... It will end in tears.

It's EASY flying is one positive. Oh and you'll NEVER get upgraded as an expat. If they or any employment agency say 'anything is possible' just laugh and keep looking.

FAR OUT I sound like Silverhawk.

Gpro
26th Jan 2016, 10:16
Dboy, EHAHEAVY

Guys I really appreciate your feedback and time for replying.

Dboy, PM me your nationality and where you are regarding ratings etc...

EHAHEAVY, you do sound like silverhawk 😜. However, your concerns seem to be a recurring theme throughout all the information I can find. I'd love to work in Australasia, but not having a permanent residency order makes it pretty much impossible.

Gpro