PDA

View Full Version : DHL Air

neil armstrong
22nd Jun 2002, 19:46
Can somebody tell me what yall's term and conditions are,(basic salary ,allowances ,holidays etc.)
I would like to know what the differences are with ACL.
Thanks

Neil

happy-cappy
22nd Jun 2002, 20:25
£51000 basic, £2.35/hr per diem, 6 weeks off/year, 4 on 4/5 off.

Why u coming over? minimum 1000 hrs Jet P1 required for Left Seat, thats 1000 hrs IN the left seat not P1/S.

Very few ACL guys will have the Direct Entry Captain requirements.

Good Luck.

coopervane
23rd Jun 2002, 01:51
How do you know there wont be many direct entry captains from ACL....you been through everybodies log book?
Sounds like a bit of a pre-madona statement.

And for your information all the F/O,s are having there training first followed by a big influx of captains.

So if you are one of those persons who have clocked up the hours
sitting in the cruise across the pond.....spare a thought for those long serving guys at ACL who have probably got ten times the number of sectors as you.

Seems a bit of "I was here at the start and dont spoil the fun"
syndrome.

Get Real

neil armstrong
23rd Jun 2002, 07:33
happy-cappy what is this P1/s?
I have never in my live logged this ,your a co or a capt in my eyes you can't be both.
Why are we coming over you ask ,because we would like to work with people like you
:D

Thanks for the info

Neil

sapco2
24th Jun 2002, 12:09
Capts Basic is £61,200 the F/o's get £40,800. I think non type rated pilots and newly promoted captains earn less, I am not absolutely sure though.

I also believe there is a very strong argument in measuring experience levels in terms of sectors flown rather than log book hours.

Good luck to everone at ACL.

Trader
6th Jul 2002, 22:43
Is EAT/DHL planning on doing any hiring and do they have set requirments (their website wasn't overly informative (unless I found the wrong one).

Sick
7th Jul 2002, 13:18
So is it 51 or 61k? Duty pay is quite good - would mount up with long trips away from base. Does DEC require a type rating? (this is for the 75, right?)

company man
7th Jul 2002, 20:52
Well Hello Gents,
Ive been watching this bulliten board for quite a while now, very interesting indeed. Top Marks to the 2 moderators one of which I know personally.

Neil, to answer the P1/S question. If youre Captain all your aviating is P1 i.e. In Command. If youre employed as a First Officer you can log either P2 or P1/S. P2 if youre PNF, and P1/S if PF i.e. youre managing the sector under supervision. Im not au-fait with the requirements of Air Contractors Pilots joining DhlAir UK, but i do believe for the RHS you need 500 Jet and 3000 Total, and for Direct Entry LHS its 1000 hrs P1 Jet over 40KTonnes and 5000 Total. But as with all companies Im sure the requirements can be lowered depending on ability, and thats why a 757 Sim Check is required before the final selection is made.

With regard to the other gent(Sick), the salary varies with experience etc, Yes the PerDiem can be enough to stock your cellar

Best Regards for now.;)

Brenoch
8th Jul 2002, 11:47
Where does one send his CV??

Mr Angry from Purley
8th Jul 2002, 18:54
Coopercane

Not 100% correct.The ACL Pilots have come across for conversion as mixed Cpt's and F/O's, not F/O's only, and from both A300
and 727's.
So far a bunch of gentlemen, long may this continue...
:mad: :mad: