PDA

View Full Version : OZ ATPL course: Rob Avery

wannabecaptain
1st Mar 2001, 18:09
Hi everyone,
I know personal opinions and advertising are a little frowned upon but I am about to tke on the dreaded ATPL in Perth. I was looking at doing the Rob Avery internet course for the 3 hard exams. has anyone done it and what was it like? Can anyone suggest anyone else. I have used the search function and couldnt find anything really so tell me what you know or email me
Cheers
WC
:) :)

Lethal
5th Mar 2001, 08:27
G'day WBC,

I did Rob's course in 1999. I guess it's a little outdated and he didn't offer the couse through the internet then. I found his couse quite good. The texts he produced for Nav & AGK where quite straight forward and he does use a lot of words in his note so you wade through a lot of pages to get to the point like TT books. Flight planning is what most people will agree as being the hardest - Rob does this in a graphical way which I found worked for me. I've got a mate who has just done it via the net and I haven't heard any complaints from him but I'll ask. You may want to think about the benifits of having a hard copy of the info(is this provided over the net?) just for the future interviews etc.

Generally I would say that as far as Perth goes he is the one to go for but if you are going to do the course at home why not have a look over east as well.

Cheers

Lethal