PDA

View Full Version : Flying squadron visit request for summer

leshodge
22nd Jun 2002, 19:17
I am eager to experience the 'real' side of the RAF flying squadrons. For years, i have had what is undoubtedly a doctored view courtesy of HM cadet forces, and i am not ungrateful to the ATC, but i never really got the opportunity to 'see' what goes on. And i hate Discovery wings as its broken down with advertisements, and is only on when im out. I have got through OASC and im awaiting the results of my shortlisting for pilot, should know in July. So now im faced with a long summer and i would love to be able to meet crews, to see what happens, feel the criticisms and generally weigh it all up. I appreciate that some may criticise this move as being a bit late in the day, but please understand im just eager to meet ever more inspiring people who are genuinely nice and enjoy talking to me about their job.
So it is with the upmost sincerity that i ask of all aircrew reading this forum that they consider offering me a visit. I am still in the cadets, so i have the benefit of the ID on bases. I am 18 and i have a lot to learn, would just like to prepare myself thats all.
Thankyou once again.

Lee

BEagle
22nd Jun 2002, 20:07
Have you tried contacting the ACLO (Air Cadet Liaison Officer) at your chosen RAF aerodrome?

leshodge
22nd Jun 2002, 21:21
well, with not wanting to criticise any ACLO, they are obviously going to be bogged down with other things, what with the summer ATC camps happening over the summer. So i dont really want to get in their way kinda thing.
Thanks though
Any help is greatly appreciated
Lee