PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Inst/AGK

Crashlanding
22nd Jun 2002, 16:54
Hello everyone, im sitting the above two exams in a couple of months, what I would like is to get in touch with everyone sitting these exams this month/next month to remeber any new questions post them to me and ill crreate a new piece of feedback fot everyone and post it hear. Those of you that help me I will also help. I have about 20 questions that have turned up over the last 2 months exams which Ill forward onto you before you sit this months exams, I willl also see what otherfeedback I can get to you.

I only want people emailing me if they are serious about helping everyone and not just after feedback for there own use and no one elses.

It would be nice for everyone if we can generate close to a whole paper of new questions for everyone. Also for you lot who do help, if you are sitting perf, law, ops, flt planning, m&b ill send you the questions I remeber. I do have quite a few that I was able to remeber.

Again thanks for anyone who is serious in this idea. If you email me ill get in touch when I get to work with further ideas.

Crashlanding
22nd Jun 2002, 19:40
Just finished typing up the AGK which is almost 40 Q's
Ill start on the instruments tonight to see how many of them there are.

As I said only people who want to give up there memory after the exams for the benefit of others need email me.

VFE
22nd Jun 2002, 20:28
I found AGK to be a complete nightmare! No matter how much you learn there will be something in there that foxes you. Bristol has some good notes for it, OATS are good too.

About 20 electrics and 20 pistons questions came up in mine. Used to get about 8 electrics if you were lucky but apparantly at least one instructor from a certain FTO piped up to JAR and requested more. Good of him hey!:rolleyes:

Have got some AGK feedback and will dig it out for you soon.

VFE.

Crashlanding
23rd Jun 2002, 09:22
Ive finished the Instruments there is about 25-30 of them, I am surprised that out of all the wannabes there is only one who want to be able to help everyone else and VFE has already taken the exams so isnt gaining anything from this. (Thanks VFE its ashame that most people are not so enlightened, I hope you do well throughtout life).

Does this mean that all of you out there are so unwilling to give up what you remeber to help anyone else even if you have passed the exams and need feedback no more.

Indeed if this is true it is a very sad day for aviation wannabes.

VFE
24th Jun 2002, 15:03
I've emailed you Crashlanding.

Crashlanding
26th Jun 2002, 13:58
Its up to two people now who are happy to help everyone any more or will this be a disappointing turnout for 200+ lookins to this post?

redsnail
26th Jun 2002, 14:52
Crashlanding,
First time I have read your thread. Initially, I thought what a great idea. Now, you are starting to pour scorn on folk who for whatever reason aren't responding to your plea.
I did all the exams last year. I have handed on my feedback to my teachers and to people who asked for it. I doubt that what I have is much use because the exams do change.
If you ask for help and you get it, fantastic. If for some reason you don't get what you asked for, cest la vie. You don't help your cause by rubbishing people.

VFE
26th Jun 2002, 16:37
I seems quite likely that crashlanding is suffering from a case of "pre-examitis"! Having been couped up with 13 other students on an integrated course for weeks and weeks it was quite interesting leading up to the JAR exams! Some of 'em you couldn't even say hello to without fear of getting your head bitten off! I doubt I was my usuall "Mr.Approachable" the whole time either! ;)

Not surprised crashlanding may vent some nervous energy through an an anonymous forum. Hope he gets a few more replies.

VFE. :)

Crashlanding
26th Jun 2002, 18:09
Having gave away my Performance/mass feedback when I sat them to probably 40+ people and to around 100+ from pprune I found only 4 people who in turn helped me, you could say its pre exam nerves or perhaps its just that in my case 95% of the people Ive helped dont recipticate. As I said at the top of the post I want to create some new feed back based on new question because as you rightly said they do change the questions and it would be nice for everyone to recieve the new questions.

Not everyone has loads and loads of feedback and do have to work for the exams in a blind fashion.

PFD
27th Jun 2002, 08:39
Hello

In my experience, when people sit exams, their ability to remember how many questions in a particular subject there were is highly variable.

There are guidelines published which state that in the Airframe and Systems paper there will be at least:

29 questions on Airframe Systems
21 questions on Electrics (DC or AC or both)
16 questions on powerplant (Piston and or Gas Turbines)
and 18 questions on Emergency equipment.

However this is a minimum so you could get an extra 10 questions on anything, or more.

This means that normally 25% of the exam is electrics, yet people always seem to be surprised by this. Hopefully now you won't be. :)

Regards to all

schuler_tuned
27th Jun 2002, 20:36
PFD,
good call,
give freely, or not at all.
(unless for Pprune coffers of course!!!)