PDA

View Full Version : Program for tracking content of investment portfolio?

Mechta
20th Jan 2016, 17:34
I've been asked if I could suggest how to track the content of an investment portfolio which is largely held within ISAs. What is wanted is a graphical display, a lot like a Microsoft Project timeline, which could be used to show:

When an investment (share, investment trust or unit trust) was bought
Source of the funds to buy it (e.g. new cash or sale of other investments within fund)
Value of purchase
Unit or share price at the time
When sold
Value when sold
What the money was used for (which other investments were bought with the proceeds)

Before setting out to create something myself, is there anything out there available either free or cheaply which would do this?

There see to be no end of portfolio management tools which show breakdown by market sectors, performance etc. in the form of pie charts, but all that is needed in this case is a series of bars above a timeline to see what the portfolio contained or currently contains, plus the facility to click on one end or other of the line to show the data listed above.

If there is nothing currently available, which program, e.g. Project, Excel (or something else) would you suggest to create this on?