PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Qatar Airways

Celestar
22nd Jun 2002, 15:14
Will have very soon an interview with Qatar in Doha.
Any advice on what to expect at the interview?
What about the package offered to expats in Doha?, what about the social life? Never been there before.

Any information very welcome, on the forum or by email, many thanks!

Celestar
22nd Jun 2002, 15:17
Forgot to say that the interview is for a Flight Dispatcher job!

FOMere2eternity
22nd Jun 2002, 21:25
I thought they only had 2 or 3 planes, with one normally sitting at LHR for days on end....?

Maybe background reading on the coffee machine might be the best bet :p

As for life in Qatar, I believe it's one of the more liberal countries, so you might be allowed to drink, wear shorts and all kinds of normal stuff.

MTQatar
23rd Jun 2002, 06:39
Qatar Airways have 16 aircraft in their fleet.

1 A330-200
7 A320-200
7 A300-600R
1 A319CJ

On order

5 A330-200
7 A320-200
2 A380-800

On option

2 A330-200
1 A319CJ
1 A320-200
2 A380-800

And the layover in LHR is only a few hours.

FOMere2eternity
23rd Jun 2002, 08:27
Oh right - that'll teach me to get my facts straight !

Must have been thinking of the Brunei lot...

Celestar - put the coffee machine to one side !

ETOPS MAN
23rd Jun 2002, 08:38
Celestar,

Prior to your interview, Qatar Airways should have indicated what your contract/expat pay package and job description is likely to be.
If they haven't, I suggest you approach HR for more information.

And all the best luck with that!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Tom Cruise
25th Jun 2002, 17:07
there's def a 8th A300-600 coming soon. plus the 330 in july and the leased 330 in aug. also talks about a leased 320
that would mean a strenght of 20 aircraft by the august. up by 9 from the start of the year.

rapid expansion by any standards

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

MTQatar
25th Jun 2002, 19:16
Hi Tom Cruise,

Al-Hayat Newspaper has said that QR are in the process of leasing 2 widebodies and 1 narrow body basically confirming what you said. Al-Hayat also said an order for 6 aircraft will be anounced soon.

My question is, how long will the A300 stay in the fleet? and wouldn't QR need more A330s than the ones already ordered to completely replace the A300? Also do you know how long the leased A330 will stay in the fleet?

I am sorry for asking many questions but I will really appreciate any answers.

there's def a 8th A300-600 coming soon. plus the 330 in july and the leased 330 in aug. also talks about a leased 320

Make it 21 aircraft by Sept. becuase QR will take delivery of A7-ADD by then.

Tom Cruise
26th Jun 2002, 14:07
Hi MTQatar,

there is def talk that Qatar Airways is going in for 3 A340-500. 1 will be for Amiri Operations. The other 2 will be used by QR mainline. This has been in the pipeline for quite sometime and seems to be close to being finalised at the forthcoming airshow.
In addition theres talk of 4 A330 -300's.

The leased A330 is provisionally set for 6 months but might be extended.

please note that this is still provisional and nothing is true till its announced.

Qatar Airways will make a launch into the very lucrative cargo market somewhere early next year using the A300 as its launch aircraft. so the 300's are gonna be around for sometime.

:D :D :D :D

the_fat_maintroller
26th Jun 2002, 21:56
Celestar,
Guess you've heard enough about the fleet so now to your question.
I have had interview for an engineering job, I hope my info. may point you in the right direction.
My experience is, HR tend to make NO offers in terms of money or package at the interview, this comes when a job offer is made, I guess this stops people claiming they were promised the world in the interview.
Info from HR after a job offer can also be slow in coming, but if your grown up enough to move and want to get the most from living overseas you must realise that there are lots of ways of getting your questions answered about life in Doha, track people down and ask questions, your only gonna get out of it what you put in to it
As you are aware QR is a growing airline, shaking of a shadowy past, my understanding is they are looking for experience not strictly qualifications, people who will develop with the airline.
Accomadation appears to be readily available for rent, I would say some packages offer accom. allowance and you sort yourself out others the company supplies apartments I guess it depends on your grade.
There are a few topics, esp. in the Middle East forum regarding QR, read them and make your own mind up, (being an engineer, I understand just how much pilots like to whinge about everything)

For the record I got offered a job, accepted it and will be moving out in the near future and I am looking forward to it.

Good Luck and may the force be with you.:cool:

mutt
27th Jun 2002, 05:02
Some ME airlines have a range of pay packages, I don’t know about QR in particular, but you can find two people in EK starting the same job with vastly different remuneration. I therefore strongly suggest that you find someone who works in QR and see if they operate the same way, then based on your own level of experience, fight for the best package.

Cheers

Mutt.

Tom Cruise
27th Jun 2002, 16:32
celestar

ure pay pack age should be around QR 8570/- approx. all inclusive. housing and transportation to be found by urself. Hotac provided for the first 2 weeks at an average standard hotel.

Housing in doha is def readily available on rental basis. it all depends on youre game plan. If u intend to stay for long then youre better off looking for unfurnished accom and pickin up your own furnishings. A 2 bed flat is bout 1600 - 3000. furnished would be an dditional 1000 - 1500.

hope that helps

Celestar
28th Jun 2002, 20:06
Thanks guys for the info. Seem that the interview is delayed ufn...
I will keep you posted.
Cheers