PDA

View Full Version : Lasham

Bournemouth Air
19th Jan 2016, 15:29
Any news of the progress of new maintainance company on the airfield

Buster the Bear
19th Jan 2016, 19:15
2Excel Engineering trading as ATC Lasham opened officially for business on Jan 4th. My understanding is a single bay initially. 9H-MTF exec 737-300 arrived last week and I believe it to be their first customer airframe. Advert out for licenced Boeing engineers.

'Skeleton staff' after Administration oversaw the disposal outbound of the ex Norwegian 737-300s that were in store on site.

From little acorns........

LBIA
1st Feb 2016, 09:44
Anyone know if LBA based Multiflight have sold Boeing 737-300CJ, 9H-MTF that's currently at Lasham?

Buster the Bear
1st Feb 2016, 11:27
I am not sure that it is still at Lasham. The plan I understand was to re-configure it down to 60 business class seats. 9H-PAM is due to be delivered to Maleth Aero, this will assume 148 seat operations. 9H-MTF is of course operated by them as well.

SWBKCB
3rd Aug 2022, 15:19
6 years in i'm surprised this business is still going quite frankly.

Why's that then?

stewyb
3rd Aug 2022, 15:24
6 years in i'm surprised this business is still going quite frankly.

2excel has an ever increasing order book and some nice government contracts now

planesandthings
3rd Aug 2022, 22:22
2excel has an ever increasing order book and some nice government contracts now

The main parent company might but the engineering site certainly has been very quiet lately other than for company movements.

Buster the Bear
3rd Aug 2022, 22:31
Looking forward to seeing the Team Tempest 757 emerge........

Diff Tail Shim
23rd Aug 2022, 17:12
The working culture there is terrible, lots of backstabbing, bullying, narcissism. Contractors are regularly stood down with little or no notice so nobody wants to work there. As someone else said a lot of the work has recently dried up too.
Really? That is so surprising, after all ATCL there wasn't known as Gasham by the SEN crowd for nothing. Was seconded there a decade ago with a bunch of other SEN staff. We being same company and grades were treated like ****. Bet it is mostly the same crowd. Boys from the Blackjack (Gasham name was defo not a figment of speech). I saw Squid was there on FB.

Buster the Bear
23rd Aug 2022, 22:23
Work always dries up in the summer, but 2x Titan A321s on C checks (2 more to come) and some of the easyJet 5x A319 returnees should keep those employed busy. The 'Shamrock' 3x A321s will also need some maintenance prior to flying off for conversion. Added into the equation the company 737/727s, it should keep them ticking over.

Buster the Bear
24th Aug 2022, 15:14
As this is a rumour forum, everything I have written about is in print somewhere. The speculation about G-BYAW is just that, thus I did add the word if. No idea if it is true, thus the caveat.

Titan 4x A320. https://www.aviationbusinessnews.com/mro/latest-news-mro/huge-moment-2excel-engineering-receives-approval-to-maintain-a320-neos/?fbclid=IwAR3xxZAgPqBHLywmUzoVErAboXSM4HUZvvTQqdJ_5EUzcK8zl4 E8EZThwe4

easyJet A319s. https://jethroseu.co.uk/previous/previous_updates.htm

Team Tempest 757 at Lasham. https://www.aerosociety.com/news/gathering-storm/

Edit. As the ex Aer Lingus A321s will have been in store for a long time, one can probably guess that some kind of maintenance will be required prior to departing. Maybe Airbus permit a 'kick the tyres and depart', but I doubt it?

jethro15
12th Oct 2022, 16:57
Looking forward to seeing the Team Tempest 757 emerge........

Part-out of G-BYAW commenced yesterday.

SKOJB
12th Oct 2022, 18:01
Part-out of G-BYAW commenced yesterday.

oh dear, what happened here? From previous posts it seems Lasham and their maintenance facility are short on business!

Buster the Bear
12th Oct 2022, 20:48
oh dear, what happened here? From previous posts it seems Lasham and their maintenance facility are short on business!

Hangars are full, 3 commercial movements today.