PDA

View Full Version : Partner Airline Oversight

Rocketfire
19th Jan 2016, 14:45
Hi!
I hope to get answers from the pros for a few interesting questions! ;)
I'm working on a thesis about partner airline oversight.

1. Is there a official way to screen partner airlines (codeshare / wetlease)?
2. Is the liability for passengers flying with another airline (codeshare / wetlease) determined?
3. Are they insured by the airline they have booked the ticket or by the executing airline?

Thanks RF

Need to Know Basis
21st Jan 2016, 11:54
1. Up to the alliance carrier or carriers to complete their due dilligence to of a intending airline or aircraft in the case of ACMI..No specific framework.
2. If Alliance has IATA members and is looking at another airline to join. If joining airline is IATA then the liability is standard IATA.
3. same as 2. IATA

Cyrano
21st Jan 2016, 16:25
1. Is there a official way to screen partner airlines (codeshare / wetlease)?

Baseline would be IOSA certification. After that, it's up to the "hiring" airline.

Regarding Need to Know Basis's comment, see the recent announcement regarding Star Alliance connecting partners (http://www.staralliance.com/en/news-article?newsArticleId=606874). I would imagine that part of the goal here is to allow the alliances to partner with smaller/non-IATA airlines (like Mango in this case). My understanding though is that international passenger liability is defined by the Montreal Convention, which is driven by ICAO, not IATA, and any airline (IATA or non-IATA) in a country which has ratified the Montreal Convention is bound by its liability rules.