PDA

View Full Version : jobs with 235hrs ??

SATC boy
1st Mar 2001, 15:47
I completed my training with Sabena's flight academy late last year and I now have my precious CPL/ME IR (belgian). However a job with Sabena is out of the question for at least 2 to 3 years.(there is a waiting list with over a hundred wannabes and they are probably not hiring anyone this year)
I have send out applications throughout Europe but have not got much response.
Does anyone know where I might stand a chance with 235hrs (43 multi-engine)and a belgian licence?
Any help would by wery welcome.Thanks.

Flying Rock
1st Mar 2001, 16:31
The only thing I can say is:

Write
Send
Wait
Hope
Pray

It's not what you know...
Good Luck.

Rote 8
1st Mar 2001, 18:39
Are you 2 the same person?

Cant imagine why you would want to do this, just seems odd that both of you are on your first post, you both registered today and both of you live in belgium?

Flying Rock
1st Mar 2001, 20:35
Dear Rote 8,

Are you the new inspector Morse or so?
There are almost 11.000.000 people living in Belgium.

Nice try...but sorry we're not.

Good luck in your search.

Chirpy Pilot
1st Mar 2001, 21:09
Don't wait. Get of your backside and keep flying. The worst thing you can do is stop and wait for a job to come to you. I eventually got my first job at 330 hours after hour building and doing a Flying Instructors Rating

skywaytoheaven
1st Mar 2001, 22:49
However, having spent inxs of £30k or so, sitting and waiting becomes (unfortunatly)the only option for many.

[This message has been edited by skywaytoheaven (edited 01 March 2001).]

Jet A1
1st Mar 2001, 23:13
After RYANAIR have decided to base at Brussels South then perhaps there may be an chance there ? They have taken a few OATS CAP509ers with less than 200hrs recently !

Sagey
2nd Mar 2001, 06:13
From the Aerlingus site

www.aerlingus.ie (http://www.aerlingus.ie) not working u now get directed to us one.

1. What requirements are needed to apply for the Aer Lingus Direct Entry (qualified pilot) programme?
You must hold at least a current IAA CPL (aeroplanes) with a Multi-engine Instrument Rating and IAA ATPL written examinations with Performance A, or the equivalent licence of a JAA member state, acceptable to the IAA.

11. What are the minimum flying hours required for Direct Entry Pilot?
Aer Lingus does not have a minimum hours requirement.

Wonder if this helps??

Sagey

rock_the_tower
3rd Mar 2001, 03:13
Try Crossair, it worked out very well for me (230 hrs with 50 hrs multi, Swiss CPL/IR/ATPL) and they are looking for pilots. Look up their website www.crossair.ch (http://www.crossair.ch)

Good luck

rtt

Sagey
3rd Mar 2001, 06:35
As Cross Air are Swiss, which are NOT in the European Community, isnt there strategy to recruit Swiss first, and if need numbers to allow EU nation applicants.

So are they struggling to find Swiss Nationals??

Si

rock_the_tower
3rd Mar 2001, 15:02
Sagey

Indeed, Crossair's preferences are first focused on Swiss Nationals. However, they don't just hire you because you're Swiss. Three friends of mine were not hired because of psychological issues and they were Swiss. They didi not fit into the pricture Crossair wants to have. On the other hand I know of Noth American guys and a lot of EU folks who were hired. The swiss market is obviously not able to produce enough "qualified" pilots for CRX and also SWR. The fact that we all have CPL/IR/frozen ATPL or even better lot of turbine or jet hours doesn't automatically mean, we have the job.
You have to fit the selected company's mask, no doubt about it.
Switzerland is short of qualified people and therefore needs also foreign pilots. A good frien of mine started with Crossair 4 weeks ago. Out of 19 in his class there were just two Swiss pilots including him. You see, your chances in getting a job within Crossair are quite good, if you fit into their picture.

Good luck!

Cheers

rtt

MAVERICK 1
3rd Mar 2001, 16:41
Apart from meeting the minimum requirements the only thing that will help you get a job is LUCK and lots of it.

Just keep on writing it may take a long time but your time will come, trust me!!!

:) :) :)

------------------
That's right, I am dangerous!!!

Damn Boxes !
4th Mar 2001, 00:47
As you are Belgian, try TNT, they will welcome you with open arms..

Seriously!

DeltaTango
4th Mar 2001, 15:30
A friend of mine tried for Crossair and he had to know one of the three swiss languages-is that still the case?!?!?

DT