PDA

View Full Version : Where to for Davos?

Grum
15th Jan 2016, 08:20
Hello

Quick question, I see that Samedan is geographically much closer to Davos than say Zurich. However, the length of time spent on the road to get there from Samedan or Zurich is almost the same. Do your pax usually take a helicopter to Davos? Seems Zurich holds much less risk regarding weather delays, but less fun for sure.

I'm aware of the need for qualification etc

Any advice appreciated.

Grum

HermanTheGerman
15th Jan 2016, 08:42
check LSZS prices for parking/landing on their website and you might go to LSZH anyway....

MaffiFaloos
15th Jan 2016, 09:19
Hi Grum,

We are having the same issues and cannot get parking at all. We'll be there for a week. Currently considering Basle-Mulhouse or Nice (no icing). Would be interested to know if anyone has parking and how or if not where are they going.

Cheers Maffi

noneya
15th Jan 2016, 10:19
We are using Milan... 25 mins away

dirk85
15th Jan 2016, 10:30
LSZR if performance permits might be a possibility (1,5 hours drive). LIMC/LIML also good options, but further, with LIML being more GA friendly.

FlyMD
15th Jan 2016, 11:46
If you are asking for 2016, I sugges drop-off of pax in LSZS (mind the weather!) or LSZR, then re-position for parking to LFSB.

If you want to park in Zurich, Dübendorf or Altenrhein for 2017, I suggest you put your request in with the handler in about 2 weeks from now...

Booglebox
15th Jan 2016, 14:17
There may well be a temporary FBO at LSMD like last year, avoiding having to position for parking.

Dutchman
15th Jan 2016, 17:29
Try EDNY we're headed there. Same driving distance as Zurich and good Heli connections.

INNflight
15th Jan 2016, 22:54
I'll second LSZR. Prob won't get parking there, but if weather is s*** (isn't it always somehow?) the driving from there is less a hassle than from LSZH. If you can drop at LSZR, maybe check for parking at EDNY. It'll literally be a 5min flight.
Fun fact, even the driving time from LOWI is less than from LSZH. Then again you'll need special qualification for there as well, so doesn't help a lot.

Oh btw: Zurich can be a mess in general with delays, non-weather related. Depending on what slots you get (on-peak are rare anyways, but still), you may face 30-40min start-up delays just because of the large volume of airline traffic, and then next to that all the governments get to go first also.

Parking for LSZH, LSZR, LSZS you'll probably have to reserve this week or next for 2017 as mentioned before. Busy busy.

Grum
16th Jan 2016, 16:01
Thank you everyone for being so helpful, not always the way on these boards . . . . but we are a civilised bunch :ok:

I am looking at LSZR. I did not realise a year is just about sufficient notice for parking, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks again for all the good input.

Grum