PDA

View Full Version : air2000 to send a/c to canada?

opsandflightplanning
22nd Jun 2002, 08:51
Understand Air 2 Bob will be registering 3 a/c (airbus?) on the Canadian register for the next few years.

Didnt they just make pilots redundant? Who will be flying the a/c if not Air 2000 pilots?

Can anyone at Air 2000 confirm or deny this. Anyone in OPS at Air 2000 know anything?

Cheers

Roger de Roughly
22nd Jun 2002, 08:55
Call me cynical if you will, I prefer realist, but if they're gonna be Canadian registered would suspect they will be Canadian crewed as well.

RdR

BANANASBANANAS
22nd Jun 2002, 10:03
This used to be a regular thing for Air 2000. They would offload a couple of aircraft to Canada3000 - colour scheme was identical; just change the logo and put it on the canadian register, and Canada3000 used the aircraft throughout their busy winter season, returning them in April for the European summer season.

Not sure who they will be doing this deal with though.

Carruthers
22nd Jun 2002, 10:23
I imagine the cheapest pilots will be flying them. For those who don't think First Choice know what they are doing, aren't we hearing rumours of them taking over My Travel? Better get used to the Jetset callsign guys.

omoko joe
22nd Jun 2002, 12:02
the word you were looking for was 'merger' and if they know what they are doing then they wont.:p