PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Aviation

EKX
13th Jan 2016, 11:34
Hi guys

So I've done a lot of reading and research (thanks PPRUNE!) on Alpha Aviation and how they were structured in the past - it was all a bit messy it seems.

Since then however, it feels like they've really stepped up their game with their new aircraft, their simulators and contracts in Portugal rather than the Philippines. They have also provided a written guarantee of 1,500 and type rating in the Airbus A320 with salary with a view to arrange permanent employment after that.

Can I ask if any of you have recently attended and graduated? If there are any tips/tricks to the upcoming entrance examinations? (Mine are next week)

And finally if anyone has any more comments on Air Arabia itself or the training college? I'm struggling with accommodation right now, but it's not impossible and I hope to arrange that to a completion when I am there next week.

In fact, if any of you guys living there would like to meet up for a drink, I'd be delighted! Looking forward to your replies :)

EKX
15th Jan 2016, 00:22
Wow, that's crazy. So what's actually happening with the cadets? Nobody has thought to complain? Presumably that's 6 months doing nothing and paying costs of accommodation and living costs for no real reason??

fatbus
15th Jan 2016, 02:04
A bit of a scam, absolutely no guarantee . Be careful . AA needs pilots but can not handle a high intake of cadets all at once.

crazy_bird
15th Jan 2016, 03:00
Getting accommodation shouldn't be a problem for you. Quite a few of the cadets lodge in air arabia's serviced apartments. There are also some serviced apartments in Ajman where a lot of alpha cadets stay. There is transportation to and fro the academy provided to them. When you go for your assessment, you can ask around.
The delays are quite long I have to admit, but they have been becoming shorter and shorter. So, they are clear signs of improvements, it's just a matter of time.
The assessment test is fairly straight forward. It's at the high school level. I suggest you do some brushing up for physics, if it's been a while since you graduated from high school.
Cheers

EKX
15th Jan 2016, 09:14
Hi crazy-bird

Thanks for that, I guess you are already admitted to AAA now? How is it there and how is it going? Do you have any concerns or regrets?

Guys, I'm a bit worried now as I'm on the verge of committing a serious amount of money to this, and all of a sudden it feels like the floor has fallen out from beneath me! Is it really a scam!?

I was told it was guaranteed to get my 1,500 with Air Arabia immediately following graduation from training. That is also enough to convert to ATPL so I can find a job "anywhere" or if I'm good enough be offered a place at Air Arabia.

crazy_bird
16th Jan 2016, 08:01
The culture and atmosphere is good, but the course is far from easy. You will have to put in a lot of work over here.
Its still too early to have any concerns or regrets to be honest, I'll only get to know once i graduate.

The 1500 hours are guaranteed as long as air arabia is satisfied with your skill level. Apparently 97% of all cadets have been inducted into air arabia. The remaining 3% was because of either financial reasons or they got kicked out due to attitude.

I have spoken to quite a few cadets of earlier batches, and they say that everyone they know have gotten jobs. So, fingers crossed for me as well.

And yes, with 1500 hours, you can convert your MPL to an unfrozen ATPL with which you can apply 'anywhere' provided you meet the minimum requirements.

EKX
17th Jan 2016, 08:42
Crazy_bird, thanks for your great information and insight.

Have you any comment or information on the first reply to my message which was about 28 cadets waiting over 6 months to get into base training? As for me, that would be a financial hit that I couldn't take beyond what I've already prepared for with course costs and housing etc.

In fact, perhaps you could PM me your contact details and we could grab food sometime and have a chat? I'll buy of course! I'm in Dubai now.

crazy_bird
17th Jan 2016, 11:31
regarding delays, i dont know anything about base training, I have never asked around about it. But, i dont think that it would be as long as 6 months. Maybe before, when alpha had just started shop, but not today.

All i know is that the delays for the core flying in Portugal is currently around 3 months and is reducing batch by batch.

EKX
18th Jan 2016, 12:39
Thanks for your input it's much appreciated. I'm in Dubai now so if anyone wants to get together for a chat away from the board here, drop me a PM!

Officer Kite
21st Jan 2016, 11:29
Isn't this programme something like £130,000 without accommodation ? Madness

Unavailable
21st Jan 2016, 14:23
@Officer Kite and 640£ non-refundable just for the assessment! lol

Sky7
22nd Jan 2016, 09:41
The whole course is approximately 143100 Euros or $155180 presently. This does not include the $815 non-refundable assessment fees, U.A.E residence visa if required $545, $29947 open dated security deposit for the line training which is said to be recoverable upon the F.O contract with the company over a 60 month period, and a non refundable MPL course deposit fee of $10889 before starting the course.

In addition to the above, GCAA class 1 medical, transportation and accommodation charges are not included.

Ground school is in Sharjah, Core Flying in Portugal or Greece, Training and TR in Dubai and Sharjah.

Have heard success stories with over 100 cadets getting placement with the airline but right now they are facing a delay in the training period from 3-6 months.

Personally would not pay so much for an MPL!

EKX
22nd Jan 2016, 16:53
Well if I start now, then presumably and hopefully in 18 months when I reach the stage to start base training, these delays are worked out. I am told that there are NOT 28 cadets waiting for base training and this is a rumour. Additionally, I have been told my two months will be in Portugal, not Greece or Philippines.

My medical and the assessments and psychologists meeting are all this week.

Unavailable
22nd Jan 2016, 19:08
I thought the training took between 6-8 months not just 2! Best of luck on your assessments; I hope you ace them.

Cheers

EKX
22nd Jan 2016, 20:05
Yes I believe most of the training is done in Sharjah. It is a two month trip (paid for) to Portugal presumably for live training on the A320. I will confirm more later in the week after I meet with Alpha but I'm sure it's only 2 months as due to the new simulator in Sharjah many hours can be logged in that.

EKX
23rd Jan 2016, 08:11
Hi Aiza

I'm not very rich, lol, so let's get that clear. I cannot afford for this to go wrong. It's a risk/reward balance and from what I've seen thus far, it seems like a lot of negativity is unjustified but of course, I started this thread and asked the question to get an insight so believe me I am listening to you and others with these concerns and voicing them.

I really do not know where this 28 cadets waiting comes from. I've brought it up numerous times and they say it's impossible that 28 people have had t wait more than 6 months, which I'm inclined to believe is true. But it does feel like a number plucked out of thin air. Can you provide me with the batch numbers that are waiting over 6 months? Or even PM me the names for even just half of those cadets you say are waiting so I can bring it up directly, because at the moment, just using the number 28 does seem too speculative!

So please, PM me just 14 of the names, or 10 if you want, who have waited over 6 months, and you have my word I will meet with Alpha this week, and bring to their attention and transcribe here what was said back to me. I think that's fair right? Because it is not just myself who will benefit from finding out whether or not it is true that 28 people are waiting - I know for sure there are many other potential Alpha students watching this thread closely...

isto
5th Feb 2016, 04:37
hi, i'm studying for the entrance test. Do you have any suggest for math and physic?

Thanks

Isto

Brendon2016
17th Mar 2016, 04:24
Heyy pals, how much does a class A medical certificate cost? and do i have to go through IELTS Exam ? to know more about AAA i would love to meet someone from the group we could like catch up for coffee or something.

Animesh Ashtunkar
6th Jul 2016, 08:49
Is anyone about to join the July Batch out here? Lemme know please!

klmblue
9th Jul 2016, 16:09
Guys,
can anyone help me how to pass/ fare well in Alpha Academy assessment test in stages 1 and 2 stage 1 is psychometry and stage 2 has maths physics English and psychomotor tests ?? quick response will be much appreciated as my son has an appointment with them on 11 and 12 July 2016 in Dubai and Sharjah.

Animesh Ashtunkar
9th Jul 2016, 18:57
Well, Dont Worry.Its really easy and basic..

Psyhcometry - Practice online abstract reasoning questions...and be yourself when you give your personality test...there isnt any right or wrong answer in it...

Math, Phy, Eng - basic knowledge of mechanics and Newtons laws of motion, Free fall, calculating distance speed time and pay attention to conversions..km -miles etc. Math is quite easy.. only be quick when u answer. Eng is a cup of tea.

Psychomotor- Needs a bit of practice -- for the hand eye leg coordination

Airline Interview preparation-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/index.html)

Interview - Be prepared REALLY well.

Good Luck

Aash
14th Jul 2016, 16:49
Hi EXK,

It's 6 months old post, but happen to see just today.

How is the Alpha Aviation training getting along? Hope you joined and got a comfortable stay in Sharjah. What was the out come off your investigation ? I will be joining soon alpha aviation. Completed all tests and evaluations. Ready to go. Please share any information you have collected since your last post on 23rd Jan.

pfvspnf
15th Jul 2016, 09:59
This place is all about money , as long as you can pay up they should have no problem getting you into the program.

No money no honey

captain_j
5th Dec 2016, 04:43
hey guys!

I am about to send my application to alpha aviation academy. I have been reading the previous threads but its been a while since someone has updated anything.

I want to know how everyone is doing in that program and how to best prepare for the interview and assessment tests. I already have my private pilot license i dont know if that goes a long way in this process. I'd like to know how the training is going from recent cadets on here that applied and whether the previous ones got hired. anything is appreciated! :)

dewu
30th Dec 2017, 18:45
Hello Animesh!

You seems to know quite a lot about the assessment test. I guess you have been through. So can you give some more details about what you remember about the maths and physic tests ? I am preparing to undergo these ones and coming from France with a litterary highschool diploma I wonder how to be well prepare.

Thank you in advance !

Flyingis
11th Feb 2018, 13:06
Wow, that's crazy. So what's actually happening with the cadets? Nobody has thought to complain? Presumably that's 6 months doing nothing and paying costs of accommodation and living costs for no real reason??

Now if you wait for 6months only you are the luckiest in this school. Haha

Flyingis
11th Feb 2018, 13:20
The whole course is approximately 143100 Euros or $155180 presently. This does not include the $815 non-refundable assessment fees, U.A.E residence visa if required $545, $29947 open dated security deposit for the line training which is said to be recoverable upon the F.O contract with the company over a 60 month period, and a non refundable MPL course deposit fee of $10889 before starting the course.

In addition to the above, GCAA class 1 medical, transportation and accommodation charges are not included.

Ground school is in Sharjah, Core Flying in Portugal or Greece, Training and TR in Dubai and Sharjah.

Have heard success stories with over 100 cadets getting placement with the airline but right now they are facing a delay in the training period from 3-6 months.

Personally would not pay so much for an MPL!

They wait for a year these days. Accommodated so many cadets for their profit and now they can't even handle the delay within 6months.
Lucky you didn't go for it. 2018 contract which has been jsut revealed by air arabia is completely crap.
Even if you start flying you don't get paid at all and you will have to pay every expenses including your medical license renew.
They've got more than enough cadets and know no one can give up in the middle after paying so much. Alpha still advertises the course takes 18months, 97% will get contract, you'll get paid as soon as you start flying. All bull****. Don't know if the school is aware of new contract.
Delay is there in between every course and almost a year of delay before portucal.
What you signed with Alpha doesn't mean anything when you sign the contract with air Arabia. They will bring a completely new contract which you never heard from the school.

admx24
13th Feb 2018, 10:11
Hey guys,
I'm writing this for whoever is willing to help me out lol.
I got my CPL almost 5 years ago from Jordan - Amman, tried all over the world to get a job but as a fresh graduate plus my nationality "Syrian", I was unsuccessful.
Been working with EK as cabin crew almost 4 years now. Went to have a chat with AAA to see the option as I am fed up with waiting and mostly forgot my training.
For the assessment, is there any websites or links someone can share to help me prepare I would really appreciate it.
And if anyone who thinks AAA is ridiculously expensive and not worth it, please share any other alternatives as I'm really tired of waiting and looking around plus I'm not getting any younger

Flyingisthedream
14th Feb 2018, 05:50
Hey everyone!

Doing my assesment by late August hopefully... any tips?

In regards to the delay, is it 1 year total? Like 2 months between phases or is it 1 year between each phase? Because one is doable the other isnt (I live in the UAE)

Secondly, where did you get the information about the new contract?

Thanks,
(Anyone else applying in the same time?)

asdasd123
15th Feb 2018, 12:52
Hey everyone!

Doing my assesment by late August hopefully... any tips?

In regards to the delay, is it 1 year total? Like 2 months between phases or is it 1 year between each phase? Because one is doable the other isnt (I live in the UAE)

Secondly, where did you get the information about the new contract?

Thanks,
(Anyone else applying in the same time?)

the delay is more than 1 year, it can normally extend to 2 years with the huge number of cadets enrolled, even though they say the training is 18 months. That's not talking about the delay in line training. if you live in uae, still young, financed by your parents, ok with not getting paid for at least three months of flying.. well you CAN think about it, but if you are self funded and on a limited budget...well all i can say that its not going to be a walk in the park, cuz for alpha and air arabia its all about the money.

good luck

pfvspnf
16th Feb 2018, 05:32
This is what happens when you turn the pilot profession into a revenue stream

Ysoserious2001
19th Feb 2018, 09:56
Hey guys,
I'm writing this for whoever is willing to help me out lol.
I got my CPL almost 5 years ago from Jordan - Amman, tried all over the world to get a job but as a fresh graduate plus my nationality "Syrian", I was unsuccessful.
Been working with EK as cabin crew almost 4 years now. Went to have a chat with AAA to see the option as I am fed up with waiting and mostly forgot my training.
For the assessment, is there any websites or links someone can share to help me prepare I would really appreciate it.
And if anyone who thinks AAA is ridiculously expensive and not worth it, please share any other alternatives as I'm really tired of waiting and looking around plus I'm not getting any younger

Did you check Qatar airways cadet program? As far as I remember it was open to all nationalities and the cost is much cheaper than alpha aviation.

Pincha10
18th Jun 2018, 23:10
Hi guys!
I am seriously thinking to join AA. And besides i read all above comments, I would like to know if since then i got any better.
Since day 1 of tranning, when do you really start getting paid? 2years? 2y + 1 of delay?
Salaries: as SO, how much u get and for how long? FO’s how much? New 2018 contract update?
I need to plan veeeeery well all the numbers before a commit to something this expensive.

many thanks in advace!